Burn cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burn cream

Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
    No longer does.
    Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
    Bargain.

Got a decent burn a week ago. Started to blister before i got some stuff on it ( non silver cream).
    Sent the ol lady to other drugstore and they had an antibacterial silver gel ( clear ). Got that on 3 hrs after.

Today most of brown skin started to crust off. No blister, a bit of touchy pink new hide but not bad.

Aloe and other stuff sucks.

Get the silver gel.

Coworkers wife a dr and he had a little tub of it at work.....$60.

Not sure if the CVS clear gel comparable. It worked OK afaic.

It does make the wound darker, and it takes longer to come off. But the lack of blister and seepage makes it a winner.

Is this similar to the CVS gel?

Comment

Might be. I got the CVS stuff. Prior to that some other that was white. Like the cream my bud got from his wife the dr.
      His was 60 bucks for a small tub.

This is what I got the last time

Comment

It stopped blistering and darkened the wound like the dr supplied stuff my bud had.
        Think his darkened the wound more, and faster. And the dark skin stayed on longer.

It was a white cream, and from the hospital.
        Just told me it was silver cream, proly higher strength?

It worked great. Then he went to diff dept so I got a burn and found some at Walgreens, small tube, 12 bucks maybe and it was white.
        Silver of some sort in it.

Worked as before.

Now I can't find anything like it and sent the kids to CVS to find something w silver, they snagged the last 2 tubes, way back on bottom shelf.

It seemed to work well. Most of my burn has flaked off now, leaving pink new skin w some touchy spots. Should be fine tomorrow.
        Been 1 week.

But I'd still go another week before subjecting the arm to possibly skin trauma.

There's a new tube of silver gel in my trucks glovebox for work, and one in the medicine cab at home.
        Gotta get some benadryl for the truck too (bee sting allergy).

The ol lady came out to check on me while I was web surfing outside (can't listen to local liberal news hacks on TV).
        She rolled my arm over and was stunned, said she couldn't believe how good it looks, how fast its healing.
        Said we need to get more just in case.

I agree.

Comment

Yep, those look like the same ingredients and ppm of silver. It's slightly cheaper on Amazon but not by much. I'm ordering some to try.
          https://www.amazon.com/Curad-Antimic...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Did you notice the directions to keep it room temperature? Riding in your truck's glovebox wouldn't be the best place to store it.

CVS Anti-Microbial.JPG

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
            by Ernie
            Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
          • Outdoor Life archives
            by Scott123
            Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
            10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
          • Blade Stain
            by jhjimbo
            Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
            10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
          • Home Defense
            by jhjimbo
            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
            10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
          • Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X