What is your status ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your status ?

Do you have everything you need for defense and survival for you and your family ? Don't forget fido.

Hey, Jim, got a request for ya. Disregard as you see fit.

These kinds of questions tend to bring out the political arguments, the naysayers and generally just cause everyone to argue like a bunch of third-graders, judging from the other F&S site.

Not saying they aren't pertinent questions, but I guess i was hoping that Outdoor life could become the Outdoor forum, and leave all the name calling and political posturing on the F&S. Think that might work?

You are one of the politically-active F&S posters that actually cares about hunting, fishing, etc. I don;t think that is true about a lot of others. They are mostly trolling to piss people off.

So, not trying to step on any toes, because I'm basically nobody important, but...just a request.

Comment

Yep, I'm good and have been prepared for years. I'll eat the dog when fresh meat is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
        Hey, Jim, got a request for ya. Disregard as you see fit.

These kinds of questions tend to bring out the political arguments, the naysayers and generally just cause everyone to argue like a bunch of third-graders, judging from the other F&S site.

Not saying they aren't pertinent questions, but I guess i was hoping that Outdoor life could become the Outdoor forum, and leave all the name calling and political posturing on the F&S. Think that might work?

You are one of the politically-active F&S posters that actually cares about hunting, fishing, etc. I don;t think that is true about a lot of others. They are mostly trolling to piss people off.

So, not trying to step on any toes, because I'm basically nobody important, but...just a request.
        I was thinking survival, like if you broke your leg while hunting and could not move. Happened to me when I tripped and fell on a pointed stump a beaver had cut down - caught me just under my arm pit. Lucky I could crawl to my ATV, climb up on it and get back to camp. I had thoughts of being coyote food.
        I should have not included defense, although defense on the streets of Chicago is not really political.
        I expect up until the Election there will be a lot of stuff on F&S, after that, who knows. .
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-10-2020, 06:56 PM.

Comment

We're in pretty good shape.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I was thinking survival, like if you broke your leg while hunting and could not move. Happened to me when I tripped and fell on a pointed stump a beaver had cut down - caught me just under my arm pit. Lucky I could crawl to my ATV, climb up on it and get back to camp. I had thoughts of being coyote food.
            I should have not included defense, although defense on the streets of Chicago is not really political.
            I expect up until the Election there will be a lot of stuff on F&S, after that, who knows. .
            I carry a well thought out survival kit when I hunt and am prepared to stay overnight with at least a tarp and space blanket as well as a means to purify water. A life straw is in my pack and I use a stainless steel water bottle just in case I need to boil. Water treatment tablets are also in my kit. The kit is packed in a sling bag and that is put into the larger backpack, If necessary, I can ditch the larger pack and move on with just the sling pack.

I take a screenshot of my cell phone gps screen when I park the vehicle, then text that screenshot to PigHuntress before beginning my hunt. Included in that text is a short description of the direction and distance I plan to cover. That provides a starting point for search and rescue if I don't report in.

Comment

Have stuff, am prepared.
              Was not ready for a minor little surgery to keep me down for a few days.
              Not feeling vulnerable, just being realistic........if bad stuff happened now, I'd be kinda sorta screwed.

Can't do anything for a while.

Best plans don't mean crap if working alone.
              Team might be kinda good to have.

Comment

I've always wanted more than I have.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryDavidson701L3 View Post
                  I've always wanted more than I have.
                  Yep, that's the human condition!

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                    Have stuff, am prepared.
                    Was not ready for a minor little surgery to keep me down for a few days.
                    Not feeling vulnerable, just being realistic........if bad stuff happened now, I'd be kinda sorta screwed.

Can't do anything for a while.

Best plans don't mean crap if working alone.
                    Team might be kinda good to have.
                    That's why I'm training PigHuntress to be a better shooter and to think tactically. Unfortunately, she will never be quick to act. But back-up is back-up and you need to use what you've got.

I'm cultivating my relationships with some of the neighbors. They don't know that my ulterior motive is to see if they are likely to be of help in a crisis. The new one next door is from a family of hunters and seems to be someone I could probably rely on.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dads gun #2 Browning auto5 20ga
                      by dewman
                      Last time it was shot was a pheasant hunt in Colorado in '84. I'll have to remedy that. This gun is feather light. Wish the choke was ic or mod. It's...
                      Today, 08:40 AM
                    • Dads gun #1 S&W 28-2. .357
                      by dewman
                      Got my fathers 28-2 357 to go with my 29-2 44mag. Check out the safari land flap holster. ...
                      Today, 07:59 AM
                    • What is taking so long ?
                      by jhjimbo
                      Can't be that hard for the Administrator to 86 the spammers....
                      Yesterday, 07:52 PM
                    • Burn cream
                      by CD2
                      Drugstore used to carry a white silver cream.
                      No longer does.
                      Was maybe 10 bucks or so for a little tube.
                      Bargain.

Got...
                      Yesterday, 05:39 PM
                    • Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                      by dewman
                      So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                      09-20-2020, 10:12 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X