Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys do for leg cramps In bed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys do for leg cramps In bed?

They just started in my leg that had knee surgery.
    Everybody has a good suggestion.
    1. My brother said four plastic bottles of spring water a day.
    2. Wife said eat a banana.
    3. Ex Eagle coach Andy Reid said pickle juice.
    4. My sister said tonic water.
    Attached Files

I get the old Lady to Play On the @%$#& and the stiff cramp goes away. LOL
    Thank You Mis, Toni Santa will be good TO YOU:-))

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
      Tree, It's tough to get in the mood, when it feels like a knife in your calf or thigh and your in cruciating pain in the middle of the night. ?

Comment

Drink lots of water and start a stretching routine.

Comment

Sometimes you need to love even when it hurts

Comment

Hydration is one of the keys to prevention, but when the cramp strikes, I find that immediately standing on the affected foot/leg relieves the cramp immediately.

Comment

A little bit of love makes the hurt & the world go round...wink,wink:-))

Comment

Cramps are largely caused by an electrolyte imbalance. It largely presents when people are dehydrated because your body goes into what's known as "hyponatremia" and / or "hypokalemia" low blood sodium or potassium, hence the banana comment.

Do yourself a favor and skip the pickle juice. Try some gatorade and daily stretching instead. I used to get wicked cramps in my calves. Have to do the stretching. If regular Gatorade is too sweet, dry the low sugar variety or Propel.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                  Cramps are largely caused by an electrolyte imbalance. It largely presents when people are dehydrated because your body goes into what's known as "hyponatremia" and / or "hypokalemia" low blood sodium or potassium, hence the banana comment.

Do yourself a favor and skip the pickle juice. Try some gatorade and daily stretching instead. I used to get wicked cramps in my calves. Have to do the stretching. If regular Gatorade is too sweet, dry the low sugar variety or Propel.
                  Thanks, They make low sugar Gatorade. It taste good.
                  Plus 3 for taking the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    Hydration is one of the keys to prevention, but when the cramp strikes, I find that immediately standing on the affected foot/leg relieves the cramp immediately.
                    99, did you pee some dingers off over F&S.
                    Last time I checked F&S some nitwit user was talking about hiring call girls for a good time.
                    I dinged him.

Comment

I get cramps or muscle spasms in my thighs at night occasionally.
                      Staying hydrated helps. Nothing works better than plain old H2O!
                      There is nothing wrong with the stuff buckshott00 suggested. The main thing is, "what works best for you"!
                      When crapns/spasms wake me late at night, I hit the shower and use the hand sprayer with water as hot as I can stand it to massage the cramps away.
                      Some say ice packs. They just don't seem to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        Gary - There are some petty little men over at F&S who ding every comment made by people they don't like. They also visit this site, probably for the same reason.
                        I don't even look at the thumb boxes anymore.

Comment

Increase your calcium intake. More milk or even Tums. Yesterday I had a bit of cramping starting up in hamstring at the end of a long day up and down ravines hunting pheasants with Opal. I drained a quart of 1% when I returned to motel + some eggnog. No problems sleeping or during super long day today hunting all three dogs individually.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                            Increase your calcium intake. More milk or even Tums. Yesterday I had a bit of cramping starting up in hamstring at the end of a long day up and down ravines hunting pheasants with Opal. I drained a quart of 1% when I returned to motel + some eggnog. No problems sleeping or during super long day today hunting all three dogs individually.
                            Thanks you Honk, for those few good ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Buckeroo, it is not the sodium that causes cramps, it's the potassium and magnesium. Eat a banana and/or make a routine of taking multi vitamins rich in Potassium and Magnesium.
                              BTW, if I get the least sensation I am going to get a cramp, I immediately (like in 1 or 2 sec) jump out of bed and put weight on that leg. It never reaches a painful level - works for me. A uncovered leg in a cool room can bring on a cramp. Basically, the muscle is calling for more blood.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget