Common Sense Guidelines for Outdoor Recreation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Sense Guidelines for Outdoor Recreation

Every year people are lost, hurt or killed in the Adirondacks. Be especially well prepared in the Eastern High Peaks area.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/NYSDEC/bulletins/20481da

Color me callous, but if they have a known problem bear which is tagged and approaching people for food WTF ARE THEY WAITING FOR IT TO DO BEFORE THEY CULL IT??

This is where I get irritated with Game Commissions and "Conservation Officers". That bear needs to go.

Comment

I wish they all have ATV trails for us old Guys & Girls to travel on, there now a lowing mountain Bikes. Why not ATVs??

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
        I wish they all have ATV trails for us old Guys & Girls to travel on, there now a lowing mountain Bikes. Why not ATVs??
        Tree, in Michigan a single permit allows an atv on all trails in the State. Except during hunting you can only ride 1 hour in AM and 1 hour PM. Not sure if it still that way.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
          Color me callous, but if they have a known problem bear which is tagged and approaching people for food WTF ARE THEY WAITING FOR IT TO DO BEFORE THEY CULL IT??

This is where I get irritated with Game Commissions and "Conservation Officers". That bear needs to go.
          They won't kill a bear just because it is tagged - first they will try to relocate it.

Comment

It's fear of retribution by PETA, HSUS or BHA or some other "alphabet" group who never leave their couch and think Mama Grizzly won't mind if they pet her cub.
            "Golly gee, Batman, that cub is so cute! I think I'll just give him a jelly bean!"

Comment

ie - political correctness

I saw one on a video the other day proclaim, "A judge wouldn't give an intruder into my home the death penalty, why would I want to shoot him?"

Comment

More proof New York is a mess...

Comment

In Fl, An ATV wt a handicap tag You can drive all day & any Place.

Comment

One big problem is the upsurge in hikers and campers who are just not outdoorspeople. Many of the more popular trails get pounded throughout the summer and fall. On a nice-weather Saturday, you'll see more people on the trails and summit of Mount Marcy (the highest peak) than you probably would at your local shopping mall.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                      DAM Right....It was a great state...;-((

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
                        I was just reading an article about a "donkey park" in Ulster, NY where high-level NYC executives go to "de-stress." The donkeys are referred to as "stress sponges," guaranteed to "beguile" visitors -- one of whom said that donkeys "resonate with who I am." I am very, very glad that the entire Catskill range is between me and that part of the state.

Comment

I just joined USCCA the other day.

Comment

Common sense ain't common.
                            Common sense can't be taught.

Comment

Tree, no ATV's because guys run them wide open in with hikers, horses, bikes, who knows what all. The other thing is they have to spin their tires all the time - tears up the trail. ATV'ers ruined it for themselves.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                              • True romance.
                                by 99explorer
                                A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                                The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                                08-16-2019, 09:11 AM
                              • A question of standing.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man says to his father, "I'm standing behind you."
                                The father replies, "And I am standing behind you, son."
                                Could this...
                                08-15-2019, 01:59 PM
                              • Cashier problem.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
                                You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and...
                                08-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X