Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its time. I'm going in the hospital to get knee surgery. I will be out of work for three weeks. Any ideas on how to kill time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its time. I'm going in the hospital to get knee surgery. I will be out of work for three weeks. Any ideas on how to kill time?

This will determine if I can do that long walk back in the forest, to my hot honey hole location, during black bear season.
    I may be a near-the-road-hunter. That's really stinks on public land. I may be hunting with the masses this year. ??

Governor Murphy ? has not canceled the bear hunt so far.
    Attached Files

Big>G You could try: Swing Dancing, Jump Rope & Do Double Dutch, Soccer, 100yd Dash, Cross Country Run, Log Rolling Contest, Pole Climbing Or Seat back and get stoned on Pain Pills Or Booze like most do!

Comment

It's a good idea to get the knee surgery now. Typical recovery is 6 to 8 weeks and you should be able to at least catch the later season this Fall. Maybe you can wrap it and take it slow if you need to.

Lot's of good kindle books on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
        Big>G You could try: Swing Dancing, Jump Rope & Do Double Dutch, Soccer, 100yd Dash, Cross Country Run, Log Rolling Contest, Pole Climbing Or Seat back and get stoned on Pain Pills Or Booze like most do!
        That will be tough to do on Crutches. My recliner and rehab will get me through this.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          It's a good idea to get the knee surgery now. Typical recovery is 6 to 8 weeks and you should be able to at least catch the later season this Fall. Maybe you can wrap it and take it slow if you need to.

A nice book is a good idea.

Comment

Good news Gary! I've actually performed (simulated) the surgery you're talking about on ATD (dummies). I assume you mean joint replacement since you've got the 3 week downtime.
            So, I may be able to offer some insight. If you get the surgery soon, and you're diligent about PT you can expect near 100% recovery in about 3months, which means your hunting season isn't a bust. Right?

For the pain you might want to look into Kratom as an alternative to opiates. I'm hesitant to recommend that given the controversial nature, but it is legal, and the pain relief has been compared to tramadol or vicodin.

As for killing time. I'm currently looking for work Gary, when not filling out applications and having interviews, I've started watching these youtube videos about different methods primitive peoples may have used in survival building. I start watching and I can't stop, extremely fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
              Good news Gary! I've actually performed (simulated) the surgery you're talking about on ATD (dummies). I assume you mean joint replacement since you've got the 3 week downtime.
              So, I may be able to offer some insight. If you get the surgery soon, and you're diligent about PT you can expect near 100% recovery in about 3months, which means your hunting season isn't a bust. Right?

For the pain you might want to look into Kratom as an alternative to opiates. I'm hesitant to recommend that given the controversial nature, but it is legal, and the pain relief has been compared to tramadol or vicodin.

As for killing time. I'm currently looking for work Gary, when not filling out applications and having interviews, I've started watching these youtube videos about different methods primitive peoples may have used in survival building. I start watching and I can't stop, extremely fascinating.
              Ask Dr. for Tramadol (sp) instead of Oxicontin. It works almost as well but without the side effects of Oxicontin. At least that was my experience.

Comment

For a great read about hunting in Africa, I suggest Capstick's "Death In The Long Grass"

Comment

Gary - The time in the hospital and rehab center will go quickly, as there will be many people coming and going through your room, drawing blood, checking your vitals, etc.
                  If it's your left knee, you will be able to drive much sooner than if it's your right.
                  Good luck and God bless.

Comment

For a book about bears, you might read "Goldilocks."

Comment

Good Luck to you Buddy.

Comment

Gary, the recliner will certainly be the more comfortable route to take, but it is only the rehab that will get you through. If you get too comfy in that easy chair, you will never get back into the midst of your buddies in the forest, and they sure will miss all the gooy goodies you won’t be hauling in for them ! Take care, do the rehab. We need you in there to take care of those wild beasts, otherwise the antis will go crazy with nothing to bitch about!

Comment

Does your hunting area have provisions for handicapped ? Get a letter from your Dr. Good Luck

Comment

I thought canceling the New Jersey bear hunt was a done deal? What happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

Buck, I am not having knee replacement. Thank God! I want to keep the Lord's knee I was born with, as long as I can. I am having a meniscus tear repaired.
                              They bang or drill a couple holes in my knee. One hole for the camera and one hole for the cutting and sucking out device. They will put me to sleep and my Knee Doctor said the surgery will take a half hour. The last time the hospital put me out, was in first grade getting my tonsils removed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Mansion on fire.
                                by 99explorer
                                One of Jeffrey Epstein's mansions is on fire.
                                It has three main rooms. One is full of money in cash, another contains valuable paintings, and the...
                                Today, 10:04 AM
                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Yesterday, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Yesterday, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                08-21-2019, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                08-21-2019, 11:57 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X