Can big cats Jump high? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can big cats Jump high? ?

Check out this short video of a guy sitting on top of an elephant.
    All he has is two sticks for defense. Wow!
    Any comments or opinions on this video? Would you ride an elephant in tiger country with a couple sticks?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N9jfQ6_1w5M

From what I have read Gary, there is very little danger to the rider of a elephant due to the fact that big cats have a fear of elephants ? and will keep their distance from them. Now if this is true or not is beyond me, but since it appears to be done often without fear by the riders, maybe it has merit. But then since tigers or other big cats can not read, I guess there is always room for doubt ! Although I would say I would find it to be much more comfortable to be on an elephant in tiger ? areas than on foot.

Comment

Like most cats a whack on the nose stops the fight, I have two wild cats that live in my pole barn they chase, kill, eat squirrels they look beat up most of the time, but their bad asses. So guessing why he had two sticks??

Comment

I don't think the sticks are going to work. Of course big cats can jump high. I watched some female lions bring down an elephant. Boy was it a brutal scene.

Comment

I wonder what reaction an elephant has from a gunshot ? Could be the sticks are a safer bet. I know the smell from my shorts would be a repellant. Happy Miles might give us some insight.

Comment

I have heard of lions jumping over high walls carrying a full-grown cow in their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
              I have heard of lions jumping over high walls carrying a full-grown cow in their mouths.
              9??9??, ? Huh ???

Comment

I suspect the two sticks are for directing the elephant like a steering wheel. They were all he had at the moment. Have read that long ago when tiger hunting was legal, a group of commoners used to drive tiger using pots and pans for noise toward a maharaja armed with a stunning British double rifle and mounted on an elephant. Must have worked, seems they ran out of tiger before maharajas.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                  Like most cats a whack on the nose stops the fight, I have two wild cats that live in my pole barn they chase, kill, eat squirrels they look beat up most of the time, but their bad asses. So guessing why he had two sticks??
                  I see the Mad Dinger back again, tagging my tiger video with a minus one. ?
                  I want to thank the two users who backed me up with two plus points. ?
                  Guys, That is what I call team work. ?

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                    I suspect the two sticks are for directing the elephant like a steering wheel. They were all he had at the moment. Have read that long ago when tiger hunting was legal, a group of commoners used to drive tiger using pots and pans for noise toward a maharaja armed with a stunning British double rifle and mounted on an elephant. Must have worked, seems they ran out of tiger before maharajas.
                    Happy, here is an observation and theory video on this same tiger attack.
                    By the why, good educational comment. Thanks

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kzdu_wTM0

Comment

Gary, just remember, when it comes to dingbat dingers, there is no cure for stupidity!

Comment

Those box seats on the elephants back are called howdahs. There was a whole breed of massive single and double barrel pistols called by the same name as they were carried in the howdahs in case a tiger got tired and needed a ride so I'm thinking not as safe on an elephants back as one might suppose. Cabelas used to sell a double barrel black powder twenty gauge version.

Comment

Do bears crap in the woods. LOL

I used to love watching the "Dangerous Game" hunting series. I think there were a couple of videos of people on elephants or vehicles getting attacked by tigers and leopards, and I'm fairly certain that's where I first saw that clip.

Too bad NBC is so anti-gun that they killed the show off.

Would love to do a leopard or a tiger hunt some day if at all possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
                            +1 Big>G

Comment

Rich, LOL ?
                              My business is on Facebook and many Outdoor Life users have bashed Facebook. The one thing that I like about Facebook, is when you get a bad business review or a good business review that person's name appears. If Outdoor Life did the same thing dings would drop off 99 percent. ?? Good Bless America

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Strangers meet.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                                They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                                No identification markers...
                                08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                              • OU football
                                by FirstBubba
                                Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                                The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                                08-16-2019, 10:35 PM
                              • True romance.
                                by 99explorer
                                A doctor and a bus driver are both in love with the same woman, a beautiful girl named Sarah.
                                The bus driver has to go on a long bus trip that will...
                                08-16-2019, 09:11 AM
                              • A question of standing.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man says to his father, "I'm standing behind you."
                                The father replies, "And I am standing behind you, son."
                                Could this...
                                08-15-2019, 01:59 PM
                              • Cashier problem.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are a cashier and owe a customer $41 change from a $50 bill.
                                You have every denomination of paper currency in the drawer except $1 bills, and...
                                08-14-2019, 03:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X