Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this normal for a wild Bobcat to walk down a road during dayIight? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal for a wild Bobcat to walk down a road during dayIight? ?

Could it possibly be Rabies?
    Most of my bobcat trail cam photos are at night or during dusk.
    Note: Bobcats are protected in New Jersey. Did this cat lose his fear for man?
    Attached Files

Hes making his way home after an all night Cat Party.....;-))

Comment

Might be rabid. Here's a story I almost posted even before I saw your question, Gary.
      https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/06/georgia_woman_kills_rabid_bobcat_with_her_bare_han ds_it_was_either_me_or_the_cat.html#vf-10155000016497

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
        Might be rabid. Here's a story I almost posted even before I saw your question, Gary.
        https://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/06/georgia_woman_kills_rabid_bobcat_with_her_bare_han ds_it_was_either_me_or_the_cat.html#vf-10155000016497
        Wow Matt, tough lady to strangled a rabid bobcat. Your BobCat looks real thin in your posted thread.
        Thanks for posting.

Comment

Different things could have made it come out. Might have venture to far at nite. Mating season. Someone or something scared him out from where it was hiding. Could be sick. Could be pregnant and needing some food.

Comment

You have to remember that anything wild animals do ,is normal, it,S just that we don,t see it often

Comment

Funny: News item out recently about this big study on how "human activity forces animals to be more active at night." Basically it was a big guilt trip thing on stuff that any outdoorsperson has known for years. I love how certain scientists and certain media like to act like the real stewards of the outdoors. They wouldn't know stewardship if it bit them on the nose (which it might, someday).

Comment

Looking for fresh road kill. My guess is getting out of the wet weeds.

Comment

I agree with Rockhound, it looks like a lightly traveled road and he is probably scouting for some road kill. Otherwise, these are very secretive cats.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                    Looking for fresh road kill. My guess is getting out of the wet weeds.
                    The road runs parallel to the Delaware River that separates Jersey from PA. It may explain the wet Bobcat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The new king.
                      by 99explorer
                      The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                      Now the twins are adults...
                      Yesterday, 04:27 PM
                    • Sisters.
                      by 99explorer
                      Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                      How...
                      Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                    • Rice for sale.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                      He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                      He soon becomes...
                      08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                    • Strangers meet.
                      by 99explorer
                      A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                      They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                      No identification markers...
                      08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                    • OU football
                      by FirstBubba
                      Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                      The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                      08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X