Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody remember this many strong hurricanes one after another? Irma, Jose and Maria with more to follow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anybody remember this many strong hurricanes one after another? Irma, Jose and Maria with more to follow?

Irma, Jose and Maria. Back to back to back.
    Maria is another Category five just like Irma.
    What is causing this?
    How long can our Country bail people out with needed funds?

Where is OL user Treestand? Still without electric??
    Attached Files

In 1994 I think The Satellite image look like they were 4 storms lined up for landing in Fl. Did you know the List of storm names are reused after six years unless a storm name is retired?

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
      In 1994 I think The Satellite image look like they were 4 storms lined up for landing in Fl. Did you know the List of storm names are reused after six years unless a storm name is retired?
      Rockhound, I remember when hurricanes were only female names.
      Now they have male names.
      Next, they will have hurricane names of pet dogs. LOL

Comment

I can't but I'm a younger guy on these boards, and as a Northern guy, I'm a bit ashamed to say I only really think about it when it's on the news.

Wasn't Andrew followed by some bad ones in 1992?

Comment

No. But I remember Camille, Carla and Beulah.
          Camille devastated Mobile, Ala.
          Carla hit Galveston and Beulah hit between Galveston and Corpus Christi.
          All three nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
            I can't but I'm a younger guy on these boards, and as a Northern guy, I'm a bit ashamed to say I only really think about it when it's on the news.

Wasn't Andrew followed by some bad ones in 1992?
            Having missed out on hurricanes is like only hitting half your thumb with a hammer.
            You know you're better off, but it still hurts like hell!

Comment

Maria is now, Tues PM, stronger than Irma and expected to due more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
                Yes, 2004 was a tough year for hurricanes. "Ivan's storm surge completely over-washed the island of Grand Cayman, where an estimated 95% of the buildings were damaged or destroyed."
                I slightly confused, were the 8,000 deaths from hurricane Ivan? I read the NOAA report and it list much less...

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                  Maria is now, Tues PM, stronger than Irma and expected to due more damage.
                  Hurricane Maria knocked the crap out of Puerto Rico last night.

Comment

I remember Hurricane David back in 1979. It was a category 5 down in the islands and when it hit Florida it dropped to a category 2.
                    It was a tropical storm when it hit New Jersey and many large trees were knocked down at the college, where I was working.
                    The ground crew had a lot of overtime work that week.
                    Pig Hunter, David never made your list, maybe because it died down to two, when it hit the states?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                      No. But I remember Camille, Carla and Beulah.
                      Camille devastated Mobile, Ala.
                      Carla hit Galveston and Beulah hit between Galveston and Corpus Christi.
                      All three nasty.
                      Camille made landfall twice!
                      She slammed ashore, moved inland a bit.
                      Then, like Harvey, she moved back off shore, regained her strength and came back ashore.
                      BUT...unlike Harvey, instead of moving to a different area to come back, Camille hit the same spot again.

Comment

Originally posted by rockhound View Post
                        Gary, if a hurricane is "historic" (Not sure WHAT constitutes "historic?), the name is retired.
                        As I understand it, they were running out of names.
                        I think it was a "sexism" thing.

Comment

We are back Mz,Toni & I, Thank You all for asking,We suffered lots of damage.
                          Hurricane Andrew was the worst,but nothing like IRMA made Andrew look like a Big Wind!! We were hit with 105 mph winds. We have No idea what our Camp look like Yet? This is not looking good for our Deer season:-((

Comment

https://coast.noaa.gov/data/digitalcoast/video/hurricanes.mp4

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Leupold screwed me
                              by dewman
                              had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
                              Today, 09:57 AM
                            • The TGIF Buck
                              by fitch270
                              First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. Iโ€™m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
                              11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
                            • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
                              by FirstBubba
                              I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
                              11-25-2021, 12:06 PM
                            • Life is good!
                              by dewman
                              .......... in fact, it's downright delicious! ๐ŸฆŒ=๐Ÿ”+๐ŸŒฎ+๐Ÿบor๐Ÿท๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰ ...
                              11-22-2021, 07:29 PM
                            • Ghosts
                              by fitch270
                              Not really survival related but I wanted to mention this separate from todayโ€™s hunting report.

Having the hill to myself today had me...
                              11-21-2021, 10:39 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X