Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lost 28 days in Alabama, mid summer. How well would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    (snicker, snort, chortle!)
    The chick was with two guys that were breaking into a remote hunting camp. She told them she didn't want anything to do with the theft. Then, they apparently abandoned her.
    Was she not near a road?
    The sound of a vehicle travels pretty far, couldn't she hear traffic?
    Are there areas of Alabama that are that remote?
    Jimbo, I'm guessing clothes were used in place of toilet paper. One misuse of poision ivy leaves would cause a person to start looking for other means!

Comment

Unless she stayed on the same couple of acres, I don't know how she could stay lost that whole time. You can't walk a half a mile in any direction without coming across at least a logging road and I can hear trucks on the highway three miles away depending on the wind. There is a fair amount of agriculture in the Union Springs area, too. I think there's a skunk in that blackberry patch, somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
        Unless she stayed on the same couple of acres, I don't know how she could stay lost that whole time. You can't walk a half a mile in any direction without coming across at least a logging road and I can hear trucks on the highway three miles away depending on the wind. There is a fair amount of agriculture in the Union Springs area, too. I think there's a skunk in that blackberry patch, somewhere.
        Country Road, something is fishy about the story but that much weight loss and the condition of her skin indicates something happened to keep her from getting out of the woods. I know some women with horrible senses of direction who get lost in he mall parking lot. Put them alone in the woods and they would panic.

Comment

The chick was with two guys that were breaking into a remote hunting camp. She told them she didn't want anything to do with the theft. Then, they apparently abandoned her.
          Was she not near a road?
          I am not too sure there is much use for toilet paper when you are losing 50 pounds. If there is nothing going in, there can't be much coming out !

Comment

Originally posted by country road View Post
            This is true. I know a woman who can't tell left from right. I'm willing to believe that she stayed in the woods that long, but I sure don't think she made much effort to find her way out. You would think she'd encounter a timber cruiser checking stumpage or a hunter putting out game cameras for the coming season.

Comment

Was she not near a road?
              I was cutting wood one day without gloves - mistake #1. The area was covered with poison ivy. I had to pee and did not think about the poison ivy on my hands. Well, don't ever do that. It was several uncomfortable days and scratching continuously in public made it not too socially acceptable.

Comment

Was she not near a road?
                LOL! Jimbo, that must have been pretty bad!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
                  by dewman
                  You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
                  12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
                • Finally filled that elk tag!
                  by Ernie
                  Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
                  11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
                • Leupold screwed me
                  by dewman
                  had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
                  11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
                • The TGIF Buck
                  by fitch270
                  First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
                  11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
                • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
                  by FirstBubba
                  I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
                  11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X