Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would win the fight, a full grown raccoon or a full grown Tom feral cat?Gary

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Gary Devine View Post
    Get Ready to Rumble!
    Cat vs. Coon.
    Gary

    Here is my proof on which species is tough as nails.
    I have many bear photos with coon four feet away.
    I never saw a feral cat or a Bobcat stand his ground to a bear.
    I've seen videos of cats chasing bears away from garbage cans.

    Comment


    • #62
      Well, in all of the Stories where Cats are killed by Raccoons the Cats are always either old or too young. That story where a Coon killed 16 or so Cats, well, they were mostly kittens. Also, when faced by a truly Wild Cat which is a true Killer, a Raccoon will be in trouble. I have seen Cats face off against Bears, Alligators, and Pitbulls and drive them off successfully. Also, Raccoons tend to fight in groups, they will gang up against a Cat!.. there was a story on Washington state where Packs of Raccoons would target Cats and Small dogs, so... I think we are giving too much credit to the Raccoon. After all, Felines are the most evolved and greatest Killer in the Animal kingdom... Siberian Tigers hunt and kill Large Russian Brown Bears, to Tigers Grisly Bears (the Siberian Russian counterpart of the Grisly Bear that is) are food!. It be great if someone could actually take video of a real Coon and Cat fight. There are on youtube several videos, in one a Female Cat takes on two Raccons and a Possum, and drives them away!... how come no one mentions that huh???

      Comment


      • #63
        Don’t mistake Raccoon for a squirrel, Raccoon is bigger and deadlier than a squirrel. It always dangerous and terrifying to have Raccoons roaming around your house. Just take a look at them and decide for yourself, scary looking little creature nature has blessed us with. If you don’t know how to get rid of raccoons, better seek professional help. At Star Pest Control, we use effective means to get rid of raccoons.

        http://starpestcontrol.ca/pest_control_service/raccoon/

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
          Absolutely no doubt that an adult coon in my area would kill even a big tomcat every time. The coons grow big around here - 25 pound boars are not uncommon. Down south where the coons are much smaller, maybe a big, tough cat might have a chance, but I doubt it. You have to remember that two of a cat's best defenses - its climbing ability and its claws - are somewhat neutralized when fighting a coon. Coons can climb almost as well as a cat, and they also use their claws viciously in a fight.
          Good points HFT

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
            I imagine anything can happen, but from what I see and here out back, when the raccoons are around, the local kitty's are in peril.
            Thank you for the lesson

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by DogSong View Post
              Ha! So we've officially run out of things to talk about, huh? Like the rest of you my money is on the racoon. Have a friend who's a vet and asked his opinion on the subject. He says over the years he's treated a number of cats who've had their a$$ kicked by racoons. Those where house cats of course. If it was a feral rambo kittie, then who knows?
              Yep, this is what happens when Gary runs out of something meaningful to type.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Nature Advocate View Post
                During a period of time when my lands were being infested by vermin invasive-species cats for nearly two decades, I spent quite a few years helping the native predator populations to increase in numbers (at one point I counted as many as 60 assorted native predators in my yard some nights). Using them as my wildlife army to oust the invasive species vermin cats. I learned (and am still learning) much about the behavior of wild raccoons. Some of them to this day still bring their cubs around during whelping season to show them off to me, or pawn their kids off on me for a day or two to get a much needed break from their little woodland terrorists. Their kids playing tug-o'-war with my bootlaces as the mother will lay belly-up alongside me snoring away. (Then I don't see them again until next year.)

                Doesn't matter the size of the cat, a raccoon will win hands-down every time. They are some of the toughest (and smartest) wildlife on the N. American continent. I've seen them fall from a tree 40 feet up (during a fight in a tree with another raccoon) with half their face torn-off and after landing with a loud thud climb back up the tree to continue on in their fight. I swear, that when they get into these squabbles, that if someone was out by the dirt-road at night listening to the screeching and growling going on back here in the woods, someone would think that I'm torturing a dozen animals to death. LOL (They still respect me for some reason though and have never challenged me, even if I take their food away from their plate while they are eating. (Well, one did just one time, but that was solved with a hefty whap upside its head with a food-pan.) They've been more respectful than some dogs I've owned. Some so gentle (when they want to be) that they'd even want to hold my hand with a paw while they eat, or as I tweak their nose while they eat, just for fun. These are completely wild raccoons, mind you.)

                That being said, there's something that even a full-grown adult raccoon will not dare take-on. During the development of yearling raccoons, there comes a time when a litter of them outgrow the needs of being around their female parent. But they also aren't sure enough of the world to face it alone. So they form "gangs" with their siblings. I call it their "juvenile delinquent" phase. Not even a full-grown alpha raccoon will dare take-on one of these packs of roving juvenile-delinquent gangs. I've seen a pack of these juvenile raccoons chase every last one of 20-30 adult raccoons out of my yard just to show them who's boss. The adults don't even think about challenging them back.
                Very interesting exchange guys!

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Griffthebiggamehunter View Post
                  Coon all of the way, had a big one in a foothold, shot it in the chest due to my .22 being 3 inches low, all that coon did was bite at its chest, get up, and give us the If I get out of this thing, you will die look, then moved to abot 2 ft away, put the barrel an inch above its ear, and that was it for the coon, but after he leaped at the .22 after the shot
                  You are quiet the huntsman

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
                    Since this has taken a turn to the ludicrous..
                    Warning, I just thought of this page for the first time since the mid '90s. It is a massive life waster, but hilarious reading.

                    http://www.grudge-match.com/History/ensign-stormtrooper.shtml

                    or more appropriate "A Rottweiler vs. a Rottweiler's weight in Chihuahuas."
                    http://www.grudge-match.com/History/rott-chi.shtml
                    Yep, life waster for sure!

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Johnny Thanatos View Post
                      Well, in all of the Stories where Cats are killed by Raccoons the Cats are always either old or too young. That story where a Coon killed 16 or so Cats, well, they were mostly kittens. Also, when faced by a truly Wild Cat which is a true Killer, a Raccoon will be in trouble. I have seen Cats face off against Bears, Alligators, and Pitbulls and drive them off successfully. Also, Raccoons tend to fight in groups, they will gang up against a Cat!.. there was a story on Washington state where Packs of Raccoons would target Cats and Small dogs, so... I think we are giving too much credit to the Raccoon. After all, Felines are the most evolved and greatest Killer in the Animal kingdom... Siberian Tigers hunt and kill Large Russian Brown Bears, to Tigers Grisly Bears (the Siberian Russian counterpart of the Grisly Bear that is) are food!. It be great if someone could actually take video of a real Coon and Cat fight. There are on youtube several videos, in one a Female Cat takes on two Raccons and a Possum, and drives them away!... how come no one mentions that huh???
                      Yeah! How come???

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by HightsKillers View Post
                        Don’t mistake Raccoon for a squirrel, Raccoon is bigger and deadlier than a squirrel. It always dangerous and terrifying to have Raccoons roaming around your house. Just take a look at them and decide for yourself, scary looking little creature nature has blessed us with. If you don’t know how to get rid of raccoons, better seek professional help. At Star Pest Control, we use effective means to get rid of raccoons.

                        http://starpestcontrol.ca/pest_control_service/raccoon/
                        Ludicrous, how could someone mistake a Raccoon for a squirrel?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          I put my money on the raccoon

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Nature Advocate View Post
                            During a period of time when my lands were being infested by vermin invasive-species cats for nearly two decades, I spent quite a few years helping the native predator populations to increase in numbers (at one point I counted as many as 60 assorted native predators in my yard some nights). Using them as my wildlife army to oust the invasive species vermin cats. I learned (and am still learning) much about the behavior of wild raccoons. Some of them to this day still bring their cubs around during whelping season to show them off to me, or pawn their kids off on me for a day or two to get a much needed break from their little woodland terrorists. Their kids playing tug-o'-war with my bootlaces as the mother will lay belly-up alongside me snoring away. (Then I don't see them again until next year.)

                            Doesn't matter the size of the cat, a raccoon will win hands-down every time. They are some of the toughest (and smartest) wildlife on the N. American continent. I've seen them fall from a tree 40 feet up (during a fight in a tree with another raccoon) with half their face torn-off and after landing with a loud thud climb back up the tree to continue on in their fight. I swear, that when they get into these squabbles, that if someone was out by the dirt-road at night listening to the screeching and growling going on back here in the woods, someone would think that I'm torturing a dozen animals to death. LOL (They still respect me for some reason though and have never challenged me, even if I take their food away from their plate while they are eating. (Well, one did just one time, but that was solved with a hefty whap upside its head with a food-pan.) They've been more respectful than some dogs I've owned. Some so gentle (when they want to be) that they'd even want to hold my hand with a paw while they eat, or as I tweak their nose while they eat, just for fun. These are completely wild raccoons, mind you.)

                            That being said, there's something that even a full-grown adult raccoon will not dare take-on. During the development of yearling raccoons, there comes a time when a litter of them outgrow the needs of being around their female parent. But they also aren't sure enough of the world to face it alone. So they form "gangs" with their siblings. I call it their "juvenile delinquent" phase. Not even a full-grown alpha raccoon will dare take-on one of these packs of roving juvenile-delinquent gangs. I've seen a pack of these juvenile raccoons chase every last one of 20-30 adult raccoons out of my yard just to show them who's boss. The adults don't even think about challenging them back.
                            Nature Advocate
                            Is a dickhead.
                            No animals is vermin.
                            And how to you have a name like "Nature Advocate " yet consider any as vermin.
                            Also I hope someone shoots you and your family.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Full grown raccoon can easily kill any house cat, feral or not. However, they have been seen to get along quite nicely together sometimes. I knew people who had a very large tomcat and they said they would see him and a local raccoon sitting side by side on their deck watching the neighborhood. A full grown male raccoon is more than a match for just about any dog. We had a female raccoon "adopt" us a few years ago. She somehow learned to climb the raccoon baffle on my bird feeder - the only raccoon to do so - and trained me to toss her a dog biscuit when I yelled her down. I named her Fido. She was around for about 4 years, RIP. She would come up on the deck to visit us from time to time. I thought for a long time about attaching a four or five foot handle to a pet brush and trying to brush here, but decided against it. Photo shows here begging at the door. I think she might have been raised by people or rescued because the first time I ever saw her at the bird feeder, I threw a small rock at her, and missed. She scrambled down, ran to the rock, and gave me the dirtiest raccoon look you can imagine.
                              Attached Files

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                              Right Rail 1 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Firing squad.
                                by 99explorer
                                A man is shot by 12 members of a firing squad, and the squad officer administers the coup de grace with a bullet to the head.
                                This final shot does...
                                Today, 09:07 PM
                              • Lost in the woods.
                                by 99explorer
                                You are lost in the woods and come to a fork in the road.
                                One path leads to civilization and the other will get you lost forever.
                                Two Indians...
                                Today, 01:24 PM
                              • Books on a shelf.
                                by 99explorer
                                There are several books on a bookshelf.
                                If one book is fourth from the left and sixth from the right, how many books are on the shelf?
                                Yesterday, 02:19 PM
                              • Mental arithmetic.
                                by 99explorer
                                A bat and a ball cost $1.10.
                                The bat costs one dollar more than the ball.
                                How much does the ball cost?
                                Yesterday, 11:57 AM
                              • The new king.
                                by 99explorer
                                The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                                Now the twins are adults...
                                08-20-2019, 04:27 PM

                              Right Rail 3 Ad

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X