Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads up to anyone who followed my advice about installing Ad Blocker. My computer at work became infected and our computer guy told me that it was due to the Ad Blocker, which is spy ware. I apologize for bad advice; I'm admittedly stupid about th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads up to anyone who followed my advice about installing Ad Blocker. My computer at work became infected and our computer guy told me that it was due to the Ad Blocker, which is spy ware. I apologize for bad advice; I'm admittedly stupid about th

Heads up to anyone who followed my advice about installing Ad Blocker. My computer at work became infected and our computer guy told me that it was due to the Ad Blocker, which is spy ware. I apologize for bad advice; I'm admittedly stupid about these things. Anyway, if you have it, you might want to dump it.

Oooh, you were a bad boy. Not only were you promoting spyware, you were messing around on the OL forum while at work! Methinks some punishment is in order...like maybe revealing the locations of all your secret hunting spots. ;-D

Comment

IDK, I've had Ad Blocker for years. No problems! Thanks for the heads-up though.

Comment

Originally posted by huntfishtrap View Post
        Oooh, you were a bad boy. Not only were you promoting spyware, you were messing around on the OL forum while at work! Methinks some punishment is in order...like maybe revealing the locations of all your secret hunting spots. ;-D
        I'm safe. It's a pretty relaxed workplace, and our director prides himself on being a tyrant, as long as what needs doing gets done. And given the amount of time wasted by the female employees when they get to gossiping, my conscience is clear. If that was sexist, I don't care; this bunch is just like a clique of high-school girls.

Comment

Of course, that first sentence is supposed to say, "... prides himself on NOT being a tyrant."

Comment

Sounds like you have a great boss. What kind of work do you do?

Comment

It depends, some of them are named closely so you have to be careful of which one you install.

AdBlock is legit and not malware

Comment

If anyone has your version, it's too late, they already got the virus.
                I got one from Chrome and it works good and the computer is working fine.

Comment

AdBlock prevents malware in addition to blocking ads. Some sites like Forbes require a user to disable AdBlock before entering their site. When you disable your computer is immediately filled with malware.

Comment

I'm using Google's adblocker and it's working fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                      I'm using Google's adblocker and it's working fine.
                      I think our computer guy might have just been saying that many of this sort of tool can be dangerous ... I don't know if he even noticed whether it was Chrome or whatever else. At any rate, what he found showed that the viruses did wiggle in right after I installed the Chrome Ad Blocker, so I just figured I'd say something.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• The new king.
                        by 99explorer
                        The queen has twins by C-section, so it is impossible to tell who would have been born first and would become the next king.
                        Now the twins are adults...
                        Yesterday, 04:27 PM
                      • Sisters.
                        by 99explorer
                        Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, within minutes of each other, in the same month and year, and yet they are not twins.
                        How...
                        Yesterday, 09:32 AM
                      • Rice for sale.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man can buy rice for $1 per pound in the U.S.A.
                        He buys tons of the stuff, and sells it all in India for a nickel a pound.
                        He soon becomes...
                        08-18-2019, 06:43 PM
                      • Strangers meet.
                        by 99explorer
                        A man is able to contact his long lost brother who he has never met.
                        They agree to meet in a crowded public place.
                        No identification markers...
                        08-16-2019, 11:03 PM
                      • OU football
                        by FirstBubba
                        Big G, thought you might like to know, I'm going to watch some OU football this fall.
                        The orthopaedic surgeon who rebuilt my hip is retired and...
                        08-16-2019, 10:35 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X