Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read your suggestions for field safety pouches, meaning pouches with first aid items. What typically happens afield, or in bo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read your suggestions for field safety pouches, meaning pouches with first aid items. What typically happens afield, or in bo

I read your suggestions for field safety pouches, meaning pouches with first aid items. What typically happens afield, or in boats, is someone is cut or scraped deeply and starts to bleed. Nowhere in your first aid kits, all 4 presented, was there anything to counteract bleeding. So the monthly question I ask is: Why has no-one recommended something like Kwik-Klot or something similar be recommended, and explained where a sportsman could purchase this item on a competitive price basis. I would think this would be a fundamental element in any first aid kit. Why is it overlooked so frequently? [email protected]

I do not believe I read the article you are talking about, but I agree that being prepared to control the bleeding is one of the most important parts of a first aid kit.

Comment

Ditto~JM +1
      In the (NAM 1964-65) our Medic used Supper Glue back in the day They are Now useing IT!!! Like its some thing NEW.

Comment

It is in the latest issue of OL. I received it on Friday. I would always have a basic first aid kit in any survival kit.

Comment

Hi...

Well, I suppose there are reasons why people don't include blood coagulents in their first aid gear. They might not know it exists, they might think that major trauma always happens to the other person, or they might think it is too expensive to keep in their kits.

It's commonly available on many web sites and/or big box outdoor stores, such as Cabela's. Bought a few trauma packs from them that cost little more, if any, then that of the Quik-Clot alone.

The second time I purchased them, they didn't even know they existed in their inventory...!! Fortunately, I had the inventory number available, and was able to order more.

I think that common sense would dictate that something of this nature (Celex is another brand) should be in everyone's first aid kits.

Serious injuries don't always happen to the other guy...!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Lost some cover; pic heavy
            by fitch270
            ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
            Yesterday, 06:07 PM
          • Covid-19
            by jhjimbo
            Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
            09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
          • Spur of the moment rifle
            by Amflyer
            I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
            09-17-2020, 11:25 AM
          • The $20 Shooting Shack
            by fitch270
            So we’ve been doing some outside remodeling and dismantled some decking. The stuff wasn’t good enough to reuse on the house when we redo the decks...
            09-16-2020, 10:23 PM
          • When is it equipment vs when it is you?
            by dewman
            one of my range only pals stopped by last night. I showed him my new mk4 and he showed me his. He had spent a lot of $ on upgrades. A lot. Showed me some...
            09-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X