Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to pick one gun for survival what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to pick one gun for survival what would it be?

If you had to pick one gun for survival what would it be?

I would take my 12 gauge pump. With some bird shot and slugs.

Comment

I'd also take a 12 gauge. I would never hunt small game with a shotgun at my farm, but in a survival situation I want that spread to increase odds of hitting and killing the animal.

Comment

The shotgun is a good idea. I would seriously consider taking 20 ga. so that I could carry more ammo.

Comment

if i can carry lots of ammo i'll take .22 cal mix with bird shot,squrriels. birds . frogs and fish

Comment

I'd take a .22 much easier to carry ammo and a well placed shot kills anything I'm capable of dragging out

Comment

I usually don't trek very far,
              when all around me black bears are.

Hi...

That might not be the easiest question to answer. However, as far as ONE all-around SURVIVAL (only) gun goes...I would have to recommend a shotgun. Eather a 20 guage or a 12 guage. Either one will take both small and big game. In grizzly country though, the 12 guage would be preferred.

Comment

In a survival situation, are you fending for yourself in the woods, or is it a post apocalyptic new world. (LOL I had to go there!) All joking aside, I would probably want a 7.62 rifle. Ammo is everywhere, cheap, and pretty accurate. Large enough to tackle big game, but light enough of a gun to be packed for long periods of time.

Comment

LOL .AFTER reconsidering all the grizzly bear here in kentucky,and this really wet year for zombies to get out of the ground easier,I might need to switch to the old cannon 12 guage.

Comment

Remington Single Shot TargetMaster .22 LR, L, S

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Colorado surprise. Couple of dads guns.
                      by dewman
                      So even with all the wrangling being done to screw we 4 sons of my father I got a little lucky. Even though my stepmom is still alive and her 3 sons from...
                      Today, 10:12 PM
                    • Now That's Service
                      by jhjimbo
                      Had my local Jeep dealer mount two tires and rotate some. When they did that they also spray painted my rims to cover up some brake dust stains I could...
                      Today, 07:57 PM
                    • Lost some cover; pic heavy
                      by fitch270
                      ​ ​ ​ Long story shorter, my Aunt’s 70’ish year old spring line plugged up last Friday, a combination of old iron pipe and poly. The only way to...
                      Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                    • Covid-19
                      by jhjimbo
                      Any indication a game animal can get the virus ? The news had a case of a dog in I think NC that got the virus.

Tucker Carlson had a guest...
                      09-17-2020, 10:38 PM
                    • Spur of the moment rifle
                      by Amflyer
                      I stopped in the local Scheels the other day so see about getting some IMR 4831. As a slow-ish old school powder I thought that the current buying craze...
                      09-17-2020, 11:25 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X