Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I understand this guy wasn't hunting but just goes to show why I believe bow hunters should be allowed to carry. Never know when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand this guy wasn't hunting but just goes to show why I believe bow hunters should be allowed to carry. Never know when

I understand this guy wasn't hunting but just goes to show why I believe bow hunters should be allowed to carry. Never know when you'll run into the unthinkable. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/29/california-city-councilman-killed-after-finding-marijuana-field/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/29/california-city-councilman-killed-after-finding-marijuana-field/

Comment

What a horrible story. My thoughts and prayers go out for the family of a man that was simply just trying to do his job. I completely agree with you MWK_MN on the fact that bow hunters should be allowed to carry. People need to be able to properly defend themselves should they run into a situation like this.

Comment

I agree bow hunters should be able to carry a firearm. If the authorities are worried about hunters killing game with a gun then saying they shot it with a bow, well the authorities should know the difference in a arrow wound and gunshot wound if they came across a hunter with a dead deer. What it comes down to is the authorities don't trust the law-abiding. And why would any law-abiding hunter bother with that nonsense? The lot of us are hunters not poachers.
        I heard of a bow hunter that was in a tree stand with coyotes below. He was more or less treed with darkness approaching. His brother came along and spooked the coyotes away. Otherwise who knows how long that guy would have been treed. If, he had a firearm he could of made quick work of those coyotes.

Comment

Starting this November we can CC in WI including while hunting.
          Drug fields and the meth industry are big concerns. We have drug cartels from Mexico setting up shop in remote areas of WI in public hunting areas.
          Although I am not too sure a pistol is going to help much if you get caught in a booby trap or the druggie just snipes you out. Best to learn what to look out for, clear the area and call in law enforcement.
          later,
          charlie

Comment

WELCOME TO KENTUCK,you can carry here while bow hunting,the fish and wildlife div. do get some things right at times .

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget