Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smitty18---How's your hand doing? Have you been able to do any fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smitty18---How's your hand doing? Have you been able to do any fishing?

Smitty18---How's your hand doing? Have you been able to do any fishing?

Hey Piney,
    The hand is still being a pain in the butt. I had a major setback Saturday when I discovered I cant make an omlet. I actually went fishing this morning and hammered the sunfish. Came home with dinner, that is always a good feeling.
    Later,
    Smitty18

Comment

What happened to your hand?Good job with your fishing.I got a few good lookin trout the other day fishin with my neighbor
      Thanks,
      TGO

Comment

Well TGO, I got in a fight and broke my hand upside the other guys head. He needed to learn that it is not nice to push people.

Comment

Nicely done.Good excuse for breaking a hand

Comment

Forgot to ask,are you any good casting left handed and how in the world do you real in?The image in my head looks very painful.
            Later,
            TGO

Comment

Well TGO,
              I am pretty bad at casting left handed. As for reeling in, even with my cast keeping it still, I can only fish for about ten minutes because the muscles that are used in reeling pull at the break making it hurt alot.
              Smitty18

Comment

Sounds very painful.What do sunfish taste like?Never had any,so figured I ask.

Comment

Smitty---I used a cane pole a lot when I was one handed. Used crickets for bait because you can crush their heads and take your time getting them on the hook. The fish still bite them just fine.

Comment

TGO,
                    Personally, I would rank sunfish behind catfish, walleye, crappie, and perch but above any store bought fish. Yeah reeling is pretty painful so i have been mainly jigging and pitching. I also now have a nasty case of scope eye. I could handle everything up to the .222 but the the .22-250 smacked me right in the face.

Comment

Ouch! I got smacked in the nose with a slug gun 'cause i forgot to move my thumb knuckle.

Comment

That doesnt sound like very much fun dovehunter.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
                          by fitch270
                          I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                          Yesterday, 01:34 PM
                        • Reloading Gear Order
                          by fitch270
                          I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                          10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
                        • Ruger Oops! Round 2
                          by dewman
                          Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
                          10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
                        • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
                          by Ernie
                          Any handgun hunters here?
                          Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
                          10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
                        • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
                          by Ernie
                          I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
                          hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
                          10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X