Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My points are gone and I don't get that. On top of that they give you a password that is nonsense. Makes this a tough site to us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My points are gone and I don't get that. On top of that they give you a password that is nonsense. Makes this a tough site to us

My points are gone and I don't get that. On top of that they give you a password that is nonsense. Makes this a tough site to use.

Yes, they screwed up and took away my points twice and made my account inactive a couple of months ago. Try to contact the webmaster. Hope you have better luck than I did. As other contributors onthe site have pointed out, it isn't personal, but is sure is innefficient and incompetent. Good luck with yours.

Comment

Hey Guys.....I promise we'll look into it and return points where necessary...Our efforts to rid the website of spammers occasionally has some negative effects as we test new blocking software. We understand and apologize for any inconvenience, but promise that we'll get it right and make everyone's user experience fun and informative. Thanks much for hanging in there.—Gerry Bethge, Web Editor

Comment

Thanks, Gary. I will stay with it, I like the folks that are on here.

Comment

It happened to me too. My points were taken away and I was given -1500 points too. I don't know why, I avoid being offensive. Also some of my comments were deleted when I corrected a writer on here. But this site does have the best pictures.

Comment

i left this site months ago because it kept doing wierd things. you could post all day and get no points. i really doubt that points mean anything though. i would have had 5 stars if it was acting right. just thought i would give it another try.

Comment

I’m glad someone took the time to ask about points gone missing. I posted twice to the “Is den kill ethical” article by Andrew McKean and was getting good support by the readers when my second post was deleted with….I guess about half or more of my points and all but one of my stars. I didn’t think I was aggressive or offensive with my post; I did quote one of the other posts about that article to illustrate my thought process. I must have irritated someone with web authority. I was more frustrated by the lack of an explanation when I noticed my points/stars were gone. I hope it was technical as I like to participate in the blog comments. Talking about features of this site, I wish I could delete one of my photo uploads that must have had a glitch somewhere. I wrote to the webmaster asking if there was a way to delete photos that don’t upload (it just shows an OL logo) in an effort to rid the site of clutter I created. He/she never answered so it must not be a problem. I REALLY like this site and have been a print subscriber for over 20 years. Keep it up OL but maybe give an explanation if you take points so we know what happened.

Comment

Hello. I'm new to the site and my points/comments have been taken away for some reason. Why ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget