Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

im in south texas my question is i have alot of hogs does that scare my deer away from my property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• im in south texas my question is i have alot of hogs does that scare my deer away from my property?

im in south texas my question is i have alot of hogs does that scare my deer away from my property?

Yes and No. I have hogs and deer on my property. Deer will usually not move in too close to hogs feeding. But, I've also seen hogs work into fields that deer feed in, and the deer not care. Of course this situation deteriorates in dry years where acorns, greens, etc, are not as plentiful.

My advice to you is to reduce your hog number through hunts. I hunt a lot of hogs during the off season, but when the weather is still cool; keeps my hunting skills honed. And, it can be a lot of fun. Good luck.

Comment

I have had hogs run deer off on many occasions. As a matter of fact, I can't think of a single instance where the deer hung around when the hogs show up. The hogs will out-compete deer for a food source if they can reach it---they'll out-compete any species for that matter and will wreck the ecosystem through their rooting. I really don't like feral hogs.

Comment

Hogs will out-compete every other animal in the area they are in. I have had people tell the hogs have denuded the entire area and left nothing for the animals that belong there. They leave nothing but destruction in their wake. In my book the only good wild hog is a dead wild hog. KTA, LGSTO those familiar with my posts will understand.

Comment

Bo, you are so right except that we should KTA and let Satan do the sorting since that's where the hogs should go.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            Yesterday, 01:34 PM
          • Reloading Gear Order
            by fitch270
            I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
            10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
          • Ruger Oops! Round 2
            by dewman
            Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
            10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
          • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
            by Ernie
            Any handgun hunters here?
            Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
            10-16-2020, 02:01 PM
          • What are you hunting with this season? Pics please!
            by Ernie
            I am new here, so I’d like to get you to know you better
            hi primarily hunt with a variety of handguns for big game, and I like shooting those...
            10-16-2020, 01:43 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X