Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't wear glasses anymore and have a question about tears. On cold windy days my eyes tear alot. I tend to wipe them on my

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't wear glasses anymore and have a question about tears. On cold windy days my eyes tear alot. I tend to wipe them on my

I don't wear glasses anymore and have a question about tears. On cold windy days my eyes tear alot. I tend to wipe them on my sleeves. I am very aware of my scent with my clothes. Do my tears have a scent that a deer can pick up? We wear special unscented clothes and wash in special soaps, special rubber boots, etc. Are we killing all of our prep work with a few tears? What about a runny nose also?

I don't have an answer to the tears and running nose possibly catching the attention of some buck with a good nose. Assuming someone says it is a problem what could you possibly do to correct the problem??? If you can't answer that question why worry about it in the first place? It is risky to get too far down this path or you may find yourself worrying about burbing or.... and face some very hard choices. Just kidding! I can't wait to hear the suggestions in this matter!

Comment

For a runny nose, I use Afrin. it is a nasal spray, works great for CERTAIN problems. But don't take it more than 5 days, twice a day or you can get to where you feel you can't breathe through your nose without it. Read the instructions. Once a person gets hooked on it, it is hard to get off. Specially since we all like to breathe.

Comment

I have no answer for the tears but for my runny nose I take an anti-histamine pill such as Cloritab before I go to the stand. It works for about 4-5 hours and you dont have to worry about moving to much or getting a raw nose. Hope this is helpful.

Comment

I have shot a deer at 12 yards sitting up against the base of a tree the morning after I used my wool jacket, and wore my long-johns to bed. One morning I have also walked past a spot i had sat in the evening before and found that 2 deer had walked directly through my butt print, and I did not wear anything at all to mask my scent. Basically my point is that I think you are being a bit too concerned about scent protection, but I guess its up to you.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
            by Ernie
            Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
          • Outdoor Life archives
            by Scott123
            Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
            10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
          • Blade Stain
            by jhjimbo
            Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
            10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
          • Home Defense
            by jhjimbo
            If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
            10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
          • Pay it forward
            by fitch270
            I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
            10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X