Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was recently bow hunting and I had a doe come to about 10 yards away. When she turned broadside I let an arrow fligh. It hit a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was recently bow hunting and I had a doe come to about 10 yards away. When she turned broadside I let an arrow fligh. It hit a

I was recently bow hunting and I had a doe come to about 10 yards away. When she turned broadside I let an arrow fligh. It hit a little high and the doe made a creepy noise and sprinted away. I waited about 5 hours before tracking her. There was blood all over the arrow and blood everywhere...at first. After about 200 yards the blood disapeared and I was on my hands a knees looking for hair. After multiple hours I found nothing. The next day I went out again and walked all over the place looking and never found her. What happened??

you hit the sweet spot for the deer the arrow probally went just under the spine and just over the top of the lungs. no vitals were hit and the deer will probablly be just fine. a neighbor of mine did the same thing and it was seen feeding in a neighboors food plot every once in a while we could tell it was the same drrs becasue there was a bald spot on the deers back.

Comment

I have heard of deer being hit and losing a fair amount of blood and than after a bit it clots up and like in your situation the deer probably lives to see another day.

Comment

For the sake of the deer I hope it is still alive. These are great answers. Thank you!

Comment

I Had the SAME thing happen to a friend of mine while he and I were hunting. We tracked it for about 6 hours over a mile. The blood drops got smaller and smaller until we completely lost it in the middle of a Christmas Tree farm. Because the arrow wasn't sticking out anywhere, it simply clotted and the deer lived (I hope). He may have died from an infection, but I sure hope not.

Comment

Yes, and this was discussed over at Field & Stream. There were some pretty good answers. See link below...

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
              by jhjimbo
              If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
              10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
            • Pay it forward
              by fitch270
              I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
              10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
            • Reloading Gear Order
              by fitch270
              I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
              10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
            • Ruger Oops! Round 2
              by dewman
              Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
              10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
            • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
              by Ernie
              Any handgun hunters here?
              Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
              10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X