Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should i put in my survival fishing kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i put in my survival fishing kit?

what should i put in my survival fishing kit?

a mini mag light,a magnesium fire starter,and a multi tool is a good start.

Comment

i have a frontier water straw (purifies water) waterproof firestarting kit. space blanket. poncho, and multi tool

Comment

For a Fishing Kit to be a 'survival fishing kit' suggests that you already have the rest of the survival kit already in mind. So, assuming you already have a good knife, means of making fire, shelter, and carrying water, signaling, etc., the survival fishing kit need be no more than a couple of safety pins and for freshwater, a half dozen good fishhooks sizes 2, 4, and 8 (easier to catch a big fish on a small hook than the other way around)will give you a good start. Add about 100 feet of 10# braided line (easier to manage) and a dozen or so small weights (BB-size lead). Will you be catching bragging-size fish? No. But you will be catching something to eat, and answering other young guys about what to put away for just in case, at some later date. Good luck.

Comment

I have ten #6 hooks, ten #8 hooks, and five #10 hooks
          30 3/0 removable slit shot sinkers (just so I have extras)
          three bobbers - 1 small stick bobber, 1 medium stick bobber, and 1 small stierfoam bobber
          four 1/16 oz. jig heads - 2 bright colors, and 2 darker colors (for extra hooks so this way I don't have to carry any more sinkers.)
          As for lures I have two, 1/16 oz. roster tails - 1 bright color, and 1 natural color
          one small plug for top water - natural color
          and a one sewing bobbin spooled with 10 lb test FireLine. For extra line, I also have about 100' of the same line on the out side of my fishing kit too.

My fishing kit is made on a 10" piece of 1" PVC so I can carry the all the tackle I just listed in a compacked fishing kit.

With PVC you can make a survival fishing kit that you can cast. To make a fishing kit out of PVC all you is a 8" to 10" piece of PVC pipe, a 1" cap, and a 3/4" threaded plug. Put the plug in one end of the tube, it fits very tight so no glue is needed. Then drill a 3/16" hole in the cap for a lanyard. I also have a 4" piece of inner tube on the PVC for a grip. About 2" from the top of the PVC I have my mine line spooled on.

Comment

I have ten #6 hooks, ten #8 hooks, and five #10 hooks
            30 3/0 removable slit shot sinkers (just so I have extras)
            three bobbers - 1 small stick bobber, 1 medium stick bobber, and 1 small stierfoam bobber
            four 1/16 oz. jig heads - 2 bright colors, and 2 darker colors (for extra hooks so this way I don't have to carry any more sinkers.)
            As for lures I have two, 1/16 oz. roster tails - 1 bright color, and 1 natural color
            one small plug for top water - natural color
            and a one sewing bobbin spooled with 10 lb test FireLine. For extra line, I also have about 100' of the same line on the out side of my fishing kit too.

My fishing kit is made on a 10" piece of 1" PVC so I can carry the all the tackle I just listed in a compacked fishing kit.

With PVC you can make a survival fishing kit that you can cast. To make a fishing kit out of PVC all you is a 8" to 10" piece of PVC pipe, a 1" cap, and a 3/4" threaded plug. Put the plug in one end of the tube, it fits very tight so no glue is needed. Then drill a 3/16" hole in the cap for a lanyard. I also have a 4" piece of inner tube on the PVC for a grip. About 2" from the top of the PVC I have my mine line spooled on.

Comment

Honestly, I would just take:

1) What you are able to use (Dont get hooked up on gadgets).
              2) A small spinner (or materials to make one i.e Sweet wrapper, foil) and some type of truple hook.
              3) Samll hooks (remember in survival you are not trying to land a monster.. Little and often is good and also easier!).
              4) Some type of line 12lb test is normally suitable for most applications (unless you are at sea etc).

Think outside of the box use other items for cord, string, <a href="http://www.paracordbracelet.co.uk/Paracord_Survival_Information/Paracord_Parachute_Cord.htm">Paracord</a>, anything you can get your hands on.

Comment

For my survival fishing kit I use the small plastic M&M tubes (my duaghter is very good at emptying them out for me) on the outside I wrap about 40ft of 10lb test braided,then cover with yellow electrical tape. The tape keeps line on and clean and can be used for marker ribbon in an emergency.
                Inside 5 split shot and 2 brass eye sinkers, then 10 hooks of assorted sizes( i like to have 8,4's and 2/0) then a few 1/8 spinners and a couple of plastic worms. Add about 15 ft of 4 or 6 lb clear mono for spooky fish, close the cap and run tape over to keep it closed.It never hurts to stick a small Slim Jim jerky stick in for scented bait.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Outdoor Life archives
                  by Scott123
                  Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                  Yesterday, 11:23 PM
                • Blade Stain
                  by jhjimbo
                  Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                  Yesterday, 11:40 AM
                • Home Defense
                  by jhjimbo
                  If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                  10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                • Pay it forward
                  by fitch270
                  I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                  10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
                • Reloading Gear Order
                  by fitch270
                  I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
                  10-17-2020, 08:31 AM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X