Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know what to do in a bear encounter. I know how to conduct myself in a mountain lion encounter too. Over the weekend I was r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerod Henderson
    replied
    sounds like i never want to go into wolf country, I would screw around i've seen to many stories of wolfs attacking. I'd open fire myself. Just remember you gotta yell out its coming right for me before you shot lol. That seems pretty scary ill stick to the wolf free zones. you guys are brave

Leave a comment:

• beaverlog
    replied
    Sounds like you were prepared,but I don't see myself putting lead anywhere,but in the direction of the closet wolf,legal or not.

Leave a comment:

• Peacock
    replied
    Right or wrong, here's how it happened, and what I did: I heard a howl from about 150-200 yards down the ridge, followed within seconds by the sound of animals running toward me. As the wolves ran in, I grabbed pepper spray in one hand and a .357mag in the other. Three came in to 20yds and maintained that distance, and I could hear others moving further back in the timber. I was standing and yelling at them throughout the encounter. After a two minute standoff, two wolves worked back to about 40 yards, and when the third looked back at them, I fired a warning shot into a tree to see if it would scare them. They all loped off, and I grabbed my gear and left too.

Leave a comment:

• seadog
    replied
    Where it's legal, I like to carry a pistol for self defense during archery. Check the law--it's not legal everywhere. You're usually allowed to shoot a predator that threatens you, but be careful. It can still get you in trouble in some places. But if you feel you're in danger, shoot it. It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Leave a comment:

• seadog
    replied
    Where it's legal, I like to carry a pistol for self defense during archery. Check the law--it's not legal everywhere. You're usually allowed to shoot a predator that threatens you, but be careful. It can still get you in trouble in some places. But if you feel you're in danger, shoot it. It's better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6.

Leave a comment:

• www.dropjhook.com
    replied
    Like Bo I also have not been rushed by wolves. It would seem you know about it then us you made it home to tell us about it. Maybee we have something to learn from you how did it turn out for you and what did you do to avoid becoming dog food?

Leave a comment:

• bigjake
    replied
    I'd be up the closest tree that would support my weight, then start shooting.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor Pommier
    replied
    i would do what shoot bo said shoot first ask questions later

Leave a comment:

• Bo
    replied
    Never been in that situation, but there was a slogan we had in the Army back in the early 70's. "Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out." Seems appropriate to me.

Leave a comment:

• I know what to do in a bear encounter. I know how to conduct myself in a mountain lion encounter too. Over the weekend I was r

I know what to do in a bear encounter. I know how to conduct myself in a mountain lion encounter too. Over the weekend I was rushed by a pack of wolves that responded to my cow calling during an elk archery hunt. What's the right way to avoid becoming dog food?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget