Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm trying to figure out why the hunting editor Andrew McKean advised using quality canvas bags for field dressing animals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm trying to figure out why the hunting editor Andrew McKean advised using quality canvas bags for field dressing animals

I'm trying to figure out why the hunting editor Andrew McKean advised using quality canvas bags for field dressing animals - To my knowledge this is not a good product to use - #1 - does not let the meat cool properly - the canvas will not allow the needed air to circulate #2 when large quanities of meat are thrown together - heat builds up and spoilage is gonna happen and fast - yes Game bags should be used anytime you've removed a hide from and animal - use a quality game bag is the correct answer but stay away from canvas bags - #3 Just how many of these large bulky canvas bags is a hunter suppose to pack along? The correct gamebag is a knitted fabric - cotton /poly or cotton that will allow the meat to cool properly. Time is a very important factor here and so is weather - a guy from Az can be hunting in the mid 60-70 's in the mountains and 80-90's in the southern deserts . Leaving meat stuffed in a cancas bag for several hours will be spoiled before he has time to get back and pack it out !! sorry i disagree with this article !!! I agree with meat first and then antlers but I'm sure nothing in the regulations states you must pack out all the meat first before you take the antlers - elkaholic

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Home Defense
    by jhjimbo
    If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
    Yesterday, 02:15 PM
  • Pay it forward
    by fitch270
    I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
    10-18-2020, 01:34 PM
  • Reloading Gear Order
    by fitch270
    I have a bunch of stuff in a cart at Midway and wanted to check with you guys before I place the order. A few things on the cheap side I want to make...
    10-17-2020, 08:31 AM
  • Ruger Oops! Round 2
    by dewman
    Asked girls if they want it. (Mk4 Hunter) No. We want another rifle so we aren't sharing the one single shot. Some phone calls and a pal & me meet...
    10-16-2020, 03:20 PM
  • Who hunts big game with a handgun?
    by Ernie
    Any handgun hunters here?
    Describe your hunting handguns (With Pics!) whether they be revolvers, semi-autos or single-shot specialty pistols.
    10-16-2020, 02:01 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X