No announcement yet.

Monday Already?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard; it’s not like we’re burying topics of conversation here. Lately it’s just Franchi, Dewman and myself using the forum. Boards are wide open for outdoor talk. If a few of the guys who participate in TGIF would follow along here I’d be glad to free up the bitch fest over on F&S. Quite honestly I do these because I’m tired of negativity, people need to lighten up and have some fun.

Comment

New Top Gun movie coming out. It wasn’t until about a year ago when I was pulling up stuff for TGIF that I learned Steve Stevens did the guitar work for the theme song. Pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
        Those who asked that politics be left on F&S have been granted that request. Should we now ask that TGIF stuff also be left on F&S, are two forums needed for this ?
        Ask all you want. But what does a little music hurt?

Comment

Comment

Those who asked that politics be left on F&S have been granted that request. Should we now ask that TGIF stuff also be left on F&S, are two forums needed for this ?
            Richard, I now have 4 regulars at F&S on my ignore list. 99explorer is just an idiot and it's simply not worth reading anything he posts. Rock Rat is a disrupter and mainly posts half-truths and lies to rile up conservatives, Jimbo has lost his marbles with his racist comments along with his beliefs in Bigfoot and UFO's, Labrador has become a bitter old man and blusters about owning a gun to help protect schools when he probably has trouble just walking from his front door to a car. I'm totally tired of their bull$hit and don't care what any of them posts. So, I have them on ignore because I don't want to be tempted to waste time calling them out on their collective lunacy.

What I do care about is having a little fun and humor is this otherwise harsh world. Music greatly helps and the comradery generated makes my week, time and again.

Sure, what's going on in the world is important. But incessantly discussing it on these forums doesn't solve a damn thing. You won't change one mind or any outcome by doing so. However, the music posts can lift spirits and lighten hearts. That my friend is much better than spreading fear, disgust, and hate.

My opinion of course, take it or leave it. But please consider taking a more fun approach. Don't let the constant political discussions steal your joy of life..
            Last edited by PigHunter; 06-03-2022, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Well said PH.

Part of me worries for my kids but they’ll have to live their own lives, best I can do is set an example. I’ve found staying off the political threads has improved my overall demeanor which makes me a better dad.

I can’t understand what motivates some to bring out the worst in others. Misery loves company I guess.

Comment

Along those lines, my daughter got her driver’s permit yesterday. We survived the ride home but she pulled into the drive twice as fast as she should have. My teen days are coming back to haunt me.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Along those lines, my daughter got her driver’s permit yesterday. We survived the ride home but she pulled into the drive twice as fast as she should have. My teen days are coming back to haunt me.

Hahaha! Best wishes and a great song choice! I remember teaching my kids to drive. It was my son who constantly had fender benders. Ruined my 1997 4Runner dang-it.

Comment

Comment

BH75R:
                      My friend, you know me by my posts. I am pretty exclusively hunting/ shooting. Maybe a small fraction fishing. Very limited interaction on F&S. I just wanted to say I am fine with the music, I just don't post any. I just came back from 5 days in Michigan. Music the whole trip up and back. Like here at home, I can tell my Yukons stereo verbally what song I want and build a playlist as I go. Listen to everything fro Johnny Cash to Pearl Jam to Need to Breathe to Tame Impala. Big part of my travels. Music works for me the same way hunting/shooting/fishing does. It is a vector that allows me to either disconnect from my day to day - or draw it closer. Not even the same mind landscape as politics.
                      Stay safe my friend.
                      Dewman

Comment

Comment

Saw Mojo live. This bunch opened, with Evan banging the crap out of a 50's Les Paul.
                          Last edited by franchi20; 06-07-2022, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                            Saw Mojo live. This bunch opened, banging the crap out of a 50's Les Paul.
                            Looked them up, had them pegged as an earlier band.

Comment

Rockabilly influenced.

Comment

Just trying to keep things interesting and showcase little known music.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Eatin ‘chuck
                                  by dewman
                                  Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                  Today, 07:19 PM
                                • Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM
                                • Aquila ammo test
                                  by dewman
                                  Tested Aquila Super Colibri (590fps), Super Extra hp (1280fps) & Interceptor (1470 fps ).
                                  Super Colibri (590) maybe good up to 30' 3-1/2"-4"...
                                  08-05-2022, 05:11 PM
                                • Show and Tell
                                  by Amflyer
                                  Show me a picture and tell me (us) about your favorite hunting or fishing something.
                                  08-04-2022, 07:23 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X