• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    First cars!?
    1) 1952 DeSoto! - threw a rod
    2) 1960 Ford Fairlane - pop wanted the engine for his pickup
    3) 1963 Chevy Impala 327 w/3 on the tree - had already been rode hard when I got it

From there on, auto ownership is kind of a blur.....
    Dad had a ‘62 Impala convertible when he married my mom, they called it the gray ghost. It was in good shape but developed engine troubles so Dad sold it for $300.

He also sold a copper colored ‘67 Mustang about 1974-75. Bought a Pinto wagon to replace it.

I remember the Mustang, would love to have either back. Both probably soup cans now.🥺

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
        All this talk about Pontiacs. I put a 350 and 350TH from a 70 LeMans into a 51 Chevy pickup. Changed the stock rearend with enclosed drive shaft to one from a 55 Chevy and replaced the front hubs with ones from a 54 Chevy to have 5 bolt pattern all around.
        That sounds like a cool project. I’m thinking we had the same motors. Aftermarket parts were more than for a 350 Chevy but it seemed like those old Pontiac’s had good horsepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
          The car in the song?

"I got a sixty-nine Chevy with a three-ninety-six
          Fuelie heads and a Hurst on the floor"

My first car was a 1968 Firebird. 400 small block, 400 turbo-hydramatic with a shift kit. I put headers and glass-packs on it, cheezy sheep skin seat covers, did all the body work (poorly) and had the local shop spray it for me. I picked a color I called candy apple, but was really just maroon. Such a piece, really. I loved it. Of course I wished I still had it.

Moved onto others, 68 Chevy Biscayne, 72 LeMans. Everyone had a hot car back then.

Prob a midlife crisis for sure, but man, I can still see, hear and smell that Firebird! Still chase that feeling with other,, modern cars, but what I really want is that old Pancho-powered, leaded-burnin', Night Ranger cassette-playin' POS!

I can’t help with the Firebird but can definitely hook you up with the Night Ranger cassette!

This one contributed to my hearing loss for sure.

D33F070D-E6AA-4702-9037-C8471BD419FD.jpg

Comment

The LeMans belonged to a friend who was t-boned and totaled. He was alright and l bought the setup from his dad.

I also put 202 camelback heads on the 350 four bolt l rebuilt to keep my dad's 72 K-20 alive after he ran it into the ground and gave it to me.

Back to the first topic.

Comment

Comment

Wait, Larry Bird was in a band? Weird.

Comment

Comment

Larry Bird? I thought that was Lou Gramm.

Not really.

Comment

More 80's technopop

Comment

Yeah, I'm a fan, but this video sucks. Just enjoy the music.

Comment

Saturday night veggin’

Comment

Been busy and haven't checked OL in over a week. Here's one for Sunday evening: "Soul Sacrifice" by Santana

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Gun show today
                                  by fitch270
                                  Had another one of those close but not quite encounters today. One of the things I’m keeping an eye out for is a compact model rifle for my daughter...
                                  08-14-2022, 09:45 PM
                                • Beater .44 mag
                                  by CD2
                                  My dad got this rig way back. And he shot the crap out of it. 255gr cast about all it ever ran and medium hot. All the time.

I inherited...
                                  08-14-2022, 11:42 AM
                                • Eatin ‘chuck
                                  by dewman
                                  Took out a couple woodchucks this week. Things tunneled all over under a pals shop and equipment. Might still be a couple more. He asked can they be eaten....
                                  08-13-2022, 07:19 PM
                                • Parallax adj
                                  by CD2
                                  Somebody wanted my Leupold VX1 3-9x a while back and figured Id get a new Freedom .22 lr model to replace it.

Bud never came for scope and...
                                  08-07-2022, 06:22 PM
                                • TriggerTech installed
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off an apology, the lens protector on my cellphone case is getting scuffed up so pics aren’t so clear.

Mailman brought this yesterday,...
                                  08-06-2022, 10:09 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X