Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, a reboot. With fitch's permission. Even more Monday music.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Learned something again, I always thought Paul Simon sang that.
    America has lots of fun songs and most are easy to sing. I just put on my Southern Californian voice and go for it. PigHuntress sings a couple too

Comment

Like the intro, freakin classic screamin dive bomber guitar....ice water in veins.....

Comment

Midweek foolishness. The liner notes are right. Some toe tapping in between the serious stuff.

Comment

Past time we played these guys.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            Past time we played these guys.

Heard that on the radio yesterday and wondered if I should post it. If you don't have the album, you've never heard this.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
              Heard that on the radio yesterday and wondered if I should post it. If you don't have the album, you've never heard this.
              Got that TGIF thing going on over here too.

Nope, hadn’t heard that before. Kinda freaking me out. 😳😱😜

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                Like the intro, freakin classic screamin dive bomber guitar....ice water in veins.....

Have to admit Iron Maiden was a bit hard core for me but the couple Dickinson tunes you’ve posted I can handle in small batches. Sounds sorta like Dio meets Molly Hatchet.

Comment

Funny, I think Iron Maiden to be rather mellow. Some of their older stuff had more zap to it though
                  Theyre a bunch of old guys now LOL ( and their beers while good - aren't thumpers )

The '85 World Slavery Tour concert video is however pretty bad *ss.

Have seen em live several times. Its rather expensive anymore, plus usually a 4 hr drive or farther (one way).
                  Am too old for that kinda punishment in a day, I'd have to arrive a day before, spend two nights.........making the cost double.

Kid is in FC so we scored tix for the Legacy of the Beast tour, and it was great, and reasonable (and for once close). We made it a whole day of Maiden (Maiden pinball at Tappers, after Maiden burgers at Kumas. Good times.

But am done.

Am more interested in diff bands, and with the vax pass mandates won't be visiting some venues.

Not much gets me excited enough to spend the cash or endure the hassle these days.

Radio is dead. Youtube has a lot of stuff, but most of it bores the hell outta me (or is crap).
                  When Type O Negative ended it really made music suck for me.

That was music I really liked.

One of my FAVORITES............and its pretty mellow IMHO.
                  The album "October Rust" is like the Beatles meets Black Sabbath and is a treasure.

Might have to hit the liquor store and stock up for a headphone run of it tonight, get blasted. Aint done that in forever.
                  Albums stir memories and emotions, and each trip is unique and cannot be repeated. Its just a flow, that has a start and end.

October Rust is one of my fav vacation albums.

I prefer to listen to albums start to finish, no interruptions. October Rust is worthy of such attention.
                  Bud in an audio group (manufacturing/testing etc) and gave him the CD.......he declared it a fantastic album and hes not even into the genre.

Last edited by CD2; 01-28-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

So for the who knows how many hundredth spin, TON "October Rust", proly followed by Mortiis "Perfectly Defect"........with maybe Theatre of Tragedy "Aegis", and finally TON "World Coming Down".

Melancholy and maybe not for the weak of spirit or mind............but it connects w stuff that real or imagined, lays well below the surface.

Songs for me don't need to be exacting of a memory or feeling, they can have musical parts that fit something, or a couple lyrics.......pick and choose and follow along with your own version of mental album.

Cool tune

Comment

The song by TON "Green Man" would have been pretty cool cover if done in Harry Connick Jr style.
                      Also, wish TON was still around to cover Elton Johns " Someone Saved my Life Tonight ".
                      That would have been killer.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by CD2; 01-28-2022, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I know you'll recognize this opening riff.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                              The song by TON "Green Man" would have been pretty cool cover if done in Harry Connick Jr style.
                              Also, wish TON was still around to cover Elton Johns " Someone Saved my Life Tonight ".
                              That would have been killer.
                              Funny, I’ve always thought a Metallica cover of this would be awesome. There are other covers but they’re all mellow. Keeping the speed with more guitar crunch and Hetfields growl just seems like it would translate well.

Comment

Heres a metallica cover, maybe better than the orig

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget