X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
    The whole OL site will do the way of the Do-Do if the powers that be don't monitor their advertisers. The main page has a story about Mexican grey wolves and the efforts to save them from extinction. Its covered with anti hunting ads from Friends of the Earth popping up from Google. Somebody better police the site before we're all sent to reeducation camps because of reading this magazine.
    I went to check both sites yesterday and they both were down with messages for some type of system maintenance. I half thought it might be the end but about ten minutes later both loaded with no noticeable changes. At least it was a sign there is someone behind the curtain.

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    The whole OL site will do the way of the Do-Do if the powers that be don't monitor their advertisers. The main page has a story about Mexican grey wolves and the efforts to save them from extinction. Its covered with anti hunting ads from Friends of the Earth popping up from Google. Somebody better police the site before we're all sent to reeducation camps because of reading this magazine.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Good to hear WAM. It's neat to see some of those names again.

Good luck in CO this fall.

Take care mi amigo!
    Good luck to you as well! Stay safe and shoot straight!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post

Don’t know about Jim in MO. Forgot about Carney. I talked to him and Beekeeper yesterday.

cheers
    Good to hear WAM. It's neat to see some of those names again.

Good luck in CO this fall.

Take care mi amigo!

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    WAM, good to hear a lot of those names are still around. A lot of names have slipped by the wayside!
    If you think about it WAM, tell those guys ol' Bubba sez "HEY!".
    What about JiminMO?
    Don’t know about Jim in MO. Forgot about Carney. I talked to him and Beekeeper yesterday.

cheers

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    WAM, good to hear a lot of those names are still around. A lot of names have slipped by the wayside!
    If you think about it WAM, tell those guys ol' Bubba sez "HEY!".
    What about JiminMO?

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    These forums (OL & FS) were extremely active a few years ago. Not sure what happened other than everything guns and hunting were discussed over and over, ever changing difficulty logging on, absurd politics, and spam.

I think some of the posters migrated to Farcebook and Tweeter for greener pastures. Some of the old timers, Beekeeper, DelinKS, 007, keep in touch via email, text, and phone. I’ve lost track of Happy Myles sadly.

Y’all stay safe!
    You as well.

Always good to hear from you.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    These forums (OL & FS) were extremely active a few years ago. Not sure what happened other than everything guns and hunting were discussed over and over, ever changing difficulty logging on, absurd politics, and spam.

I think some of the posters migrated to Farcebook and Tweeter for greener pastures. Some of the old timers, Beekeeper, DelinKS, 007, keep in touch via email, text, and phone. I’ve lost track of Happy Myles sadly.

Y’all stay safe!
    Happy is active at Hunt Talk and can be reached there.

Happy Myles | Hunt Talk

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied

Y’all stay safe!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    A drunk staggers up to the bar and asks for a beer. He sees a sign behind the barkeep that reads “ Friday special: Hit 3 bullseyes, win a prize: $1”

He plops his dollar down and says “Gimme those darts”

Bartender snickers and hands them over, drunk wobbles up to the line and thunk, thunk, thunk…. Three straight in the bull.

Stunned, the barkeep reaches under the bar and hands over a turtle.

Drunk takes his prize and walks out.

Next Friday the drunk staggers back in and repeats the same feat. Bartender reaches under the bar and hands the drunk a goldfish in a bag.

Drunk looks at the bag and says “I want the same prize as last week.”

Bartender asks “What was it?”

Drunk says “Roast beef on a hard roll!”

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    A deer hunter asked his Pastor if it was a sin to hunt on Sunday. “From what I hear about your aim,” said the Pastor, “It’s a sin for you to hunt anytime.”
    I’ll have to tell that one to my FiL. Might have to modify it a bit to zing him. 😎

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    I'll probably see WAM within the next 6 months. He's moving back to Alabama.
    I almost met up with WaM when we overnighted in Spokane waiting to be picked up by our outfitter. His plans changed and he ended up passing by the hotel the day before we flew in. That was the only disappointment of the trip.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    An elephant saw a man with no pants on.

"How do you breathe through that little thing?"

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    A priest, a rabbi and a preacher walk into a bar and sit down.

Bartender says, "Is this some kind of joke?"
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-22-2021, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    A horse walks into a bar.

The bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
    by dewman
    You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
    12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
  • Finally filled that elk tag!
    by Ernie
    Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
    11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
  • Leupold screwed me
    by dewman
    had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
    11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
  • The TGIF Buck
    by fitch270
    First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
    11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
  • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
    by FirstBubba
    I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
    11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X