• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two fish swim into a concrete wall.
    One turns to the other and says: "Dam"

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      I wonder if OL has set this site up to no longer accept new members, too?
      Speaking about "age brackets"! I grew up reading F&S, OL and Sports Afield. Those were standard barber shop fare. Nobody goes to barber shops anymore and kids play on phones instead of reading magazines. No wonder the "outdoor world" as we know it is crumbling!
      This site is still taking members, but there’s no link from the main page. Conversely F&S shut down new members but you can access Answers from the main page. Last I checked anyway.

Figure that out.

Comment

these jokes are dang funny. I'm saving them all.(and taking credit when I tell them)🙄😉😜

Comment

The days I was shooting pistols I shared these sights trying to get others to join. A couple minutes of reading F&S and it was a resounding NO CHANCE IN HELL! Same thing last year with my dove/duck/snipe/rail bunch. I know you think 99 & RR were the reasons but they were not. Not fully anyway. If it weren't for Fitches e-mail I was gone for good myself. We are too tribal and petty way to often. I know in real life it's far easier to bash others equipment choices and belittle their hunting success but to do it in print is mean spirited. I am not thin skinned by any means and to call me overly sensitive would make everyone who knows me literally lol but come on guys, we have but 2 good choices, lift up or shut up. I speak only of hunting/shooting/fishing threads. Wouldn't wipe my ass with any of the other. Well, except the music, kinda like that too😉

Comment

Since I've finished my 4th Michelob I will continue my rant. Over time I've read many of these conversations to my shooting pals during our off time.They have gotten to know you fellas through your writings enough that they have nicknames for all of you, as well as firm opinions of you.Hell, sometimes they've even asked about what you guys have been up to. I would give a lot for you guys to meet up and share a fire pit some evening. They don't do politics or religion and would cut off at the knees the first guy to speak up on either.

Comment

I just tried logging in several times and kept getting the “server not found” message. Couldn’t help but think they had shut off the lights. Guess not yet anyway.

We’ve had a good thing going on over here. As long as the two rooms remain separated there’s no reason it can’t continue. It’s been a long summer, should be more fun stuff to discuss shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                Since I've finished my 4th Michelob I will continue my rant. Over time I've read many of these conversations to my shooting pals during our off time.They have gotten to know you fellas through your writings enough that they have nicknames for all of you, as well as firm opinions of you.Hell, sometimes they've even asked about what you guys have been up to. I would give a lot for you guys to meet up and share a fire pit some evening. They don't do politics or religion and would cut off at the knees the first guy to speak up on either.
                Nicknames! Does that make us infamous?

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                  I would give a lot for you guys to meet up and share a fire pit some evening.
                  I often think how cool this would be. I’m not good at doing vacations but have semi joked with my family that someday I’d like to do a round trip of the country to meet up with as many of you as possible. Thing is they know I’d do it given the opportunity. If I thought we were in close proximity I’d probably try to work in meeting up.

A few years ago in Maine we drove 1.5 hours out of our way to meet P-H-W at his house he was building. Chatted for over an hour then left him get back to it and headed for home. We kept in touch for awhile after he dropped off F&S but the last text I sent I didn’t get a response to and haven’t tried since. He was extremely busy then so I didn’t want to be a hassle. If the kids punch some tags it may just be excuse enough to try again.

Comment

I'll probably see WAM within the next 6 months. He's moving back to Alabama.

Comment

A deer hunter asked his Pastor if it was a sin to hunt on Sunday. “From what I hear about your aim,” said the Pastor, “It’s a sin for you to hunt anytime.”

Comment

Why do cartoon ducks always wear pants?

If they didn't, you could see their quack!

Comment

What’s the difference between a hunter and a fisherman? A hunter lies in wait while a fisherman waits and lies.

Comment

A horse walks into a bar.

The bartender says, "Why the long face?"

Comment

A priest, a rabbi and a preacher walk into a bar and sit down.

Bartender says, "Is this some kind of joke?"
                              Last edited by FirstBubba; 09-22-2021, 12:07 AM.

Comment

An elephant saw a man with no pants on.

"How do you breathe through that little thing?"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
                                  by dewman
                                  You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
                                  12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
                                • Finally filled that elk tag!
                                  by Ernie
                                  Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
                                  11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
                                • Leupold screwed me
                                  by dewman
                                  had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
                                  11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
                                • The TGIF Buck
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
                                  11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
                                • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
                                  11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X