Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s Cookin’?

F2C98623-AEA1-49E7-B261-273C7EE0322E.jpeg

Family reunion today at my sister’s place. About 40-50 people expected, my cousin and I are manning the cookers yet again. There’s a smoked brisket coming in addition to 30 lobsters, 600 clams, 20lbs of shrimp, salt potatoes, corn on the cob picked this morning, plus all the usual salads, snacks and desserts.

Just fired up the first pot of water for the salt potatoes, will post up later.

I have a pretty fast car...how long do you think from Nebraska?

So plan on 41-51 instead.

Comment

5632FC4A-024A-4DAE-BE9D-144EA7A47869.jpeg 4E6FE480-A88A-4318-95C8-E422939BB146.jpeg

I’ll save you a plate ‘flyer.

A2D56906-8FB9-4990-BA2F-F3DBDC7237B4.jpeg

Comment

02100CBD-1A75-48D2-BAE0-CD2E8267EC28.jpeg

Comment

EECE6A5A-B322-445F-AB67-962A0AB9CDCB.jpeg

FD62B768-5EEC-4E29-B652-95B64567C9A2.jpeg

Comment

You know how much I like my whisky, but I think I would have a few schooners of ice cold American beer with that feast.

Ever do a bushel or two of fresh oysters? A little dab of ground horseradish with about every other?

Comment

Seems to be some Mic Ultra floating around here plus some Landshark and maybe a couple others, I wasn’t in charge of adult beverage supply.

Bad news is the lobsters are gone but we still have half the clams left in the cooler for later. Better hurry.

My hillbilly roots have kept me from oysters to this point but I’m a seafood fan in general so the experience may be in the near future. Found sushi to be quite tasty not long ago so need to keep expanding my horizons.

Well, I did have oysters out of a tin once but that doesn’t count.

Comment

Can you use another old, crippled, just a little looney, loudmouth, story telling uncle twice removed? 🤪

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                  Can you use another old, crippled, just a little looney, loudmouth, story telling uncle twice removed? 🤪
                  Sadly I’m out of uncles on my mother’s side, all of them married in. Dad’s the last husband left of the four sisters.

We always have an extra guest or two, chances are nobody would second guess you being there.

Comment

Pizza ordered. Kids fetched it. Tolerable.
                    Had Voodoo Ranger Juicy Haze beer for lunch.
                    Well so hoppy as to be grapefruity so was more like a brunch.
                    None this evening.
                    Hot weather and allergies, am chuggin water.....and gonna go to bed ( to wake up in 4 hrs to take a whiz LOL ).

Did make a run to the big city for Trooper Ale last week.

Comment

I liked shrimp and scallops but lobster always gave me an odd headache.
                      about 20 yrs ago i got a kidney x ray w dye and turned red, got hot all over and itched inside.
                      About 10 yrs after that shrimp started screwing me up.
                      So zero shellfish after that.

Comment

Cant do wheat beers either. Bad headache.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Sadly I’m out of uncles on my mother’s side, all of them married in. Dad’s the last husband left of the four sisters.

We always have an extra guest or two, chances are nobody would second guess you being there.
                          I didn't have ANY uncles that didn't marry in. My mom had 5 sisters and my dad only had one brother that passed just before my first birthday.

...an extra guest or two?
                          Sounds like a go to me! Put sump'in in the freezer! I'll get there in time! LOL!

You're a good man, fitch270!

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun! Would have enjoyed being there!

We just stayed home and did yard work.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                              Cant do wheat beers either. Bad headache.
                              Budweiser=headache for me,

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget