X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD2
    replied
    On the canned food.........

am not ashamed to admit I like Dinty Moore Beef Stew.

No its not as good as home made, but it aint bad (esp w Montreal Spicy Steak seasoning dumped on top).

I also like canned peas, the olive drab colored ones, not the brighter green.

Like fresh veggies of almost all types, but those funky canned peas...............I like.

My mom is/was a horrible cook. My ex aint very good either (good thing I'm not a picky eater).

Am not a fancy cook, but will do a squash in oven, venison on stove and w wild rice on the side, down a woody ale.

Its passable.

Odd, when I cook usually a bud shows up. They know when backstraps and good beer is on the menu. 6th sense kinda thing.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

(snicker, snort, chortle!)
    Does that mean that 99's 1500 visitors will never join F&S?

Apparently not even if they wanted to.

Does make me wonder if they did it to shut down the spammers.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

It appears not, I just went there and clicked on “register” and got a message reading something to the effect of “sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator”. It also shows the newest member as joining 12/12/2020.

Edit; took some doing but I finally found the register tab for here. It apparently works. Odd since there’s no link from the OL main site. What’s more is at the bottom of the register page here is a notice about F&S Answers and such. Strange but not surprising.
    (snicker, snort, chortle!)
    Does that mean that 99's 1500 visitors will never join F&S?

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
    To bring up the original topic - Do you think F&S is allowing new members? The site seems to frozen at the point of the last spam purge because no new members appear since then.
    It appears not, I just went there and clicked on “register” and got a message reading something to the effect of “sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator”. It also shows the newest member as joining 12/12/2020.

Edit; took some doing but I finally found the register tab for here. It apparently works. Odd since there’s no link from the OL main site. What’s more is at the bottom of the register page here is a notice about F&S Answers and such. Strange but not surprising.
    Last edited by fitch270; 08-30-2021, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    To bring up the original topic - Do you think F&S is allowing new members? The site seems to frozen at the point of the last spam purge because no new members appear since then.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    That PH, is definitely a well thought out advertisement by the peanut butter producer organizations of America ! There will now be millions of jars sold to guys and given to their female counterparts in hopes of duplication.......!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    Peanut butter is still an excellent source of protein. Two tablespoons contain 8 grams of protein, which is about 16 percent of the amount of protein you need daily. Approximately 10 to 35 percent of your daily caloric intake should come from protein, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Peanut Butter.JPG
    I go through a 40 oz jar a week on average. Smooth only, no nuts. Ever.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    Peanut butter is still an excellent source of protein. Two tablespoons contain 8 grams of protein, which is about 16 percent of the amount of protein you need daily. Approximately 10 to 35 percent of your daily caloric intake should come from protein, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Peanut Butter.JPG

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    3 fave canned proteins:

1. kippered herring
    2. SPAM
    3.a. see #1 and #2
    3.b. tuna (😖)

Make a tuna salad and I'm okay. I CAN eat it straight out of the can...... but I gotta be "hongry*"!

* - backbone rubbing blisters on your stomach!

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    Ever seen Monty Python, "I don't like Spam!"?

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Since we’re here, how about everyone’s 3 favorite canned meat product, the type you’d eat right out of the tin.

1) Yep, Spam it is.

2) Vienna sausages

3) Baby clams packed in oil

Crackers a bonus side.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    It must be something about food tasting better outdoors that makes any canned meat product more palatable. Same for stews and such. Maybe it’s the ease and fast prep but like Dewman says, on an outdoor trip it’s good stuff. In the kitchen, meh.
    Yeppers!
    I always worked a lot harder hunting or fishing than I did at work. Work was mental, hunting is physical.
    Cold, wet, tired and hungry and I'll eat just about anything hot! LOL!
    SPAM, fried or right out of the can (will?) take the wrinkles out of an empty stomach.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    It must be something about food tasting better outdoors that makes any canned meat product more palatable. Same for stews and such. Maybe it’s the ease and fast prep but like Dewman says, on an outdoor trip it’s good stuff. In the kitchen, meh.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Another bump. This thread was too funny to be buried by potted meat.
    "... potted meat ..."?
    WT......?
    No siree, Bob (fitch270?)! Potted meat is a whole different animal!
    Like the difference between kippered herring and sardines! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Coming back to camp on many a Colorado hunt there were Spam, egg,&cheese sandwiches being fried up. I was dang grateful for them and would eat a couple like I was starving.(I was). They were great! Get back to civilization and the wife would overhear us talking about them. "Do you want me to pick up some Spam next time I shop?", she would say. "God no!" I'd yell back. Seems odd now. Perceptions I guess.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
    by dewman
    You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
    12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
  • Finally filled that elk tag!
    by Ernie
    Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
    11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
  • Leupold screwed me
    by dewman
    had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
    11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
  • The TGIF Buck
    by fitch270
    First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
    11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
  • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
    by FirstBubba
    I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
    11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X