X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Spam ain’t kosher.
    Forrest Gump - "That's a good thang"!

I haven't eaten SPAM for several decades now! Whew!
    As a kid, there was ALWAYS several cans of SPAM in camp. Bet I've eaten a ton of it fried in bacon grease! (camp wasn't kosher! LOL!)
    When you're a kid and you're cold and hungry, SPAM fried in bacon grease tastes somewhat like a T-bone steak!
    I'll take SPAM over starvation. 😖

franchi20
    07-22-2021, 10:16 PM
    I guess I wasted a lot of money paying imaginary utilities and mortgage.

No sir, it wasn't a teetotal waste!
    I got several of your imaginary payments! I put part of it in my imaginary saving account and spent the rest on some imaginary ammo.
    I did make one full imaginary payment on my imaginary house though!

Thank (imaginary) you so very much!
    😃!

p.s. - franchi20- it would have helped tremendously had you sent REAL money. Took two weeks for my bank to put those imaginary funds in my imaginary saving account! 😥!
    I'm STILL waiting for my imaginary ammo to come in the imaginary mail! WT.....?
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 07-24-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Another bump. This thread was too funny to be buried by potted meat.

Comment

Coming back to camp on many a Colorado hunt there were Spam, egg,&cheese sandwiches being fried up. I was dang grateful for them and would eat a couple like I was starving.(I was). They were great! Get back to civilization and the wife would overhear us talking about them. "Do you want me to pick up some Spam next time I shop?", she would say. "God no!" I'd yell back. Seems odd now. Perceptions I guess.

Comment

Another bump. This thread was too funny to be buried by potted meat.
          "... potted meat ..."?
          WT......?
          No siree, Bob (fitch270?)! Potted meat is a whole different animal!
          Like the difference between kippered herring and sardines! LOL!

Comment

It must be something about food tasting better outdoors that makes any canned meat product more palatable. Same for stews and such. Maybe it’s the ease and fast prep but like Dewman says, on an outdoor trip it’s good stuff. In the kitchen, meh.

Comment

It must be something about food tasting better outdoors that makes any canned meat product more palatable. Same for stews and such. Maybe it’s the ease and fast prep but like Dewman says, on an outdoor trip it’s good stuff. In the kitchen, meh.
              Yeppers!
              I always worked a lot harder hunting or fishing than I did at work. Work was mental, hunting is physical.
              Cold, wet, tired and hungry and I'll eat just about anything hot! LOL!
              SPAM, fried or right out of the can (will?) take the wrinkles out of an empty stomach.

Comment

Since we’re here, how about everyone’s 3 favorite canned meat product, the type you’d eat right out of the tin.

1) Yep, Spam it is.

2) Vienna sausages

3) Baby clams packed in oil

Crackers a bonus side.

Comment

Ever seen Monty Python, "I don't like Spam!"?

Comment

3 fave canned proteins:

1. kippered herring
                    2. SPAM
                    3.a. see #1 and #2
                    3.b. tuna (😖)

Make a tuna salad and I'm okay. I CAN eat it straight out of the can...... but I gotta be "hongry*"!

* - backbone rubbing blisters on your stomach!

Comment

Peanut butter is still an excellent source of protein. Two tablespoons contain 8 grams of protein, which is about 16 percent of the amount of protein you need daily. Approximately 10 to 35 percent of your daily caloric intake should come from protein, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Peanut Butter.JPG

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                        Peanut butter is still an excellent source of protein. Two tablespoons contain 8 grams of protein, which is about 16 percent of the amount of protein you need daily. Approximately 10 to 35 percent of your daily caloric intake should come from protein, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Peanut Butter.JPG
                        I go through a 40 oz jar a week on average. Smooth only, no nuts. Ever.

Comment

That PH, is definitely a well thought out advertisement by the peanut butter producer organizations of America ! There will now be millions of jars sold to guys and given to their female counterparts in hopes of duplication.......!

Comment

To bring up the original topic - Do you think F&S is allowing new members? The site seems to frozen at the point of the last spam purge because no new members appear since then.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                              To bring up the original topic - Do you think F&S is allowing new members? The site seems to frozen at the point of the last spam purge because no new members appear since then.
                              It appears not, I just went there and clicked on “register” and got a message reading something to the effect of “sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator”. It also shows the newest member as joining 12/12/2020.

Edit; took some doing but I finally found the register tab for here. It apparently works. Odd since there’s no link from the OL main site. What’s more is at the bottom of the register page here is a notice about F&S Answers and such. Strange but not surprising.
                              Last edited by fitch270; 08-30-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

It appears not, I just went there and clicked on “register” and got a message reading something to the effect of “sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator”. It also shows the newest member as joining 12/12/2020.

Edit; took some doing but I finally found the register tab for here. It apparently works. Odd since there’s no link from the OL main site. What’s more is at the bottom of the register page here is a notice about F&S Answers and such. Strange but not surprising.
                                (snicker, snort, chortle!)
                                Does that mean that 99's 1500 visitors will never join F&S?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
                                  by dewman
                                  You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
                                  12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
                                • Finally filled that elk tag!
                                  by Ernie
                                  Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
                                  11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
                                • Leupold screwed me
                                  by dewman
                                  had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
                                  11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
                                • The TGIF Buck
                                  by fitch270
                                  First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
                                  11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
                                • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
                                  11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X