Spammers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spammers?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the occasional odd comments by new users on here. The “Elk scope” question in Whitetail Hunting up above set off my spidey senses somewhat, especially due to the imbedded link.

New users keep popping up with odd screen names but they don’t seem to be hammering the site like what was happening with F&S. Still a couple slipping by the filters over there, especially the one in the Bowhunting header. Not much traffic here so little to be gained but maybe it’s a good place to test their capabilities.

Doubt anyone is minding the store here, it’s going to suck if the firewall gets breached.

Wow fitch270!
    I never even noticed the "link"

Comment

Saw the link, didn't click on it. Flipped a coin. Heads- he was wanting us to pick one of the scopes featured in his link for him to help him choose. Tails-he's trying to sell us something. Either way I gave my standard answer in case anyone else was wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        Saw the link, didn't click on it. Flipped a coin. Heads- he was wanting us to pick one of the scopes featured in his link for him to help him choose. Tails-he's trying to sell us something. Either way I gave my standard answer in case anyone else was wondering.
        Anytime one of those links shows up without some explanation of what it is I automatically write the post off as spam. The question itself wasn’t suspicious other than the comment about his previous thread and it actually being his first post. Weird.

Anyone running a search for the same thing might run across it so some input wasn’t wrong at all, I just figured I’d point out the questionable stuff as well.

Edit; the other red flag is when there’s no follow up from the OP. Seems to be the case so far.

Comment

I didn't see the link either, but he referenced his last post...post count 1.

Something ain't kosher.

Comment

Good points guys. Think I'll head back to his post and delete myself out - if I can

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              Good points guys. Think I'll head back to his post and delete myself out - if I can
              Edited my initial comment as well.

Comment

I'm surprised that new people can find this site. There is no link from the main page.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                  I'm surprised that new people can find this site. There is no link from the main page.
                  Maybe we're not supposed to be here. Maybe we are the spammers.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

Maybe we're not supposed to be here. Maybe we are the spammers.
                    Have you been staring into the abyss?

Comment

Last time I had abyss, doctor gave me a shot of "Combiotic" and some stinky salve.
                      Cured it pretty quickly but I wasn't very popular at social functions for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

Have you been staring into the abyss?
                        84FAFD03-33E6-47D3-8364-81A8BF90B179.jpeg

Comment

Ahh, Mr Rogers was such a good soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                            I didn't see the link either, but he referenced his last post...post count 1.

Something ain't kosher.
                            If he ain't kosher, does that mean he's anti-Semitic?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

If he ain't kosher, does that mean he's anti-Semitic?
                              Mr. Rogers? Wouldn’t think so.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Christmas present "trade"?
                                by dewman
                                You fellas remember I posted pics a ways back where I redid my 511-x .22? Well my son called me soon after and asked me to put it up and not shoot it...
                                12-01-2021, 02:48 PM
                              • Finally filled that elk tag!
                                by Ernie
                                Sometimes what you think is going to be a relatively easy and quick hunt, turns into a longer process. This has been the case, to fill my cow/calf elk...
                                11-30-2021, 01:05 PM
                              • Leupold screwed me
                                by dewman
                                had a little time yesterday afternoon so thought I would take a moment to get my recently "repaired" Leupold vx2 lined out. As it turns out,...
                                11-29-2021, 09:57 AM
                              • The TGIF Buck
                                by fitch270
                                First off, a shout out to FB for hanging out with me this afternoon from over 1000 miles away. I’m still a bit dumbfounded about what went down....
                                11-26-2021, 11:49 PM
                              • Have you tried a "shemagh"?
                                by FirstBubba
                                I put this on F&S also to give everybody a heads up.

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet...
                                11-25-2021, 12:06 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X