Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question:

Dear Outdoor life Answers section,

I just got back from a nice bike ride. Well, it rained for the last mile or so, but I was hot and sweaty anyway.

I had lots of time to think.

My son doesn't like recoil, and is a little afraid if shooting a lot of practice rounds with a centerfire rifle. I was wondering about a supressor, as I hunted with one once, and it took a lot of the recoil away with the sound.

I also wondered about having a whisky when I got home, even though it was still the early afternoon. I wonder if I would get more dehydrated, or if I could have a big glass of water with it and be cool as a cucumber.

I wondered if I should cook extra deer steak tonight, as I had a good week of cold steak salads after cooking a bunch extra for the 4th. Nice and rare, maybe?

I wondered how it's possible to feel like you are really fast on a bike when you are going, like, 20 mph.

I wondered how my kid can like both crappy modern rap music, and still like SRV and Johnny Cash.

Anyway, none of those things are my question.

My phone must have got wet in the rain, and now I have an alert that says I have "water in my USB port." That makes me feel a little dirty, and I'm not altogether sure I don't like it a little bit.

Should I seek professional help?

Thanks,

amflyer.

Don’t worry, you’re simply showing classic symptoms of SOD (Seasonal Octoberitis Disorder). Studies have shown this will dissipate closer to the autumn equinox so just hang in there a few more weeks. For temporary relief the deer steaks and whiskey should help, especially with some Eric Clapton playing in the back ground of a campfire.

Of course I’m no doctor and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but I did sip some Wild Turkey 101 in front of a campfire next to my RV last night.

Comment

Useless info:. Whiskey, is either Irish or American. Whisky, is Scottish, Canuck (pfffft!) or Japanese.

Weird!

Comment

I vote yes on the suppressor, provided the rifle is already threaded. If not, I vote for a new rifle with muzzle already threaded over having your existing rifle threaded.
        Had deer over the 4th myself. Made enough for 4. I ate enough for 3 myself. Wife was not pleased with her portion.

Comment

Dinner tonight. Corned venison Reuben with coleslaw and garden peas.

A1469AD3-8612-47ED-AA07-D486C7DF4DA5.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            Dinner tonight. Corned venison Reuben with coleslaw and garden peas.

A1469AD3-8612-47ED-AA07-D486C7DF4DA5.jpeg
            Dang boy! It don't get any better than that. Well, maybe a Micky light or Ultra.

Comment

A suppressor reduces perceived recoil in two ways. First is the added weight to the firearm. Second is in the reduction of muzzle-blast. Sometimes shooters react more to the blast than they do to the push at the shoulder.

Yes, drink a full glass of water, then whiskey. I drank rum tonight.

I like to eat venison rare. But to each their own. PigHuntress made venison stew yesterday. We're down to only two packages of deer meat in the freezer ... 3 months till archery season...

The perception of speed on a bike is relative to the observer.

Kids don't know crap about music. Just tell him to turn it down so you can't hear it.

To dry a wet phone, I open the case and use a hair dryer on medium setting, being careful not to overheat the phone.

Nope, don't seek professional help. Psychologists and therapists are some of the most screwed up of all professionals.
              Last edited by PigHunter; 07-11-2021, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                Dear Outdoor life Answers section,

I just got back from a nice bike ride. Well, it rained for the last mile or so, but I was hot and sweaty anyway.

I had lots of time to think.

My son doesn't like recoil, and is a little afraid if shooting a lot of practice rounds with a centerfire rifle. I was wondering about a supressor, as I hunted with one once, and it took a lot of the recoil away with the sound.

I also wondered about having a whisky when I got home, even though it was still the early afternoon. I wonder if I would get more dehydrated, or if I could have a big glass of water with it and be cool as a cucumber.

I wondered if I should cook extra deer steak tonight, as I had a good week of cold steak salads after cooking a bunch extra for the 4th. Nice and rare, maybe?

I wondered how it's possible to feel like you are really fast on a bike when you are going, like, 20 mph.

I wondered how my kid can like both crappy modern rap music, and still like SRV and Johnny Cash.

Anyway, none of those things are my question.

My phone must have got wet in the rain, and now I have an alert that says I have "water in my USB port." That makes me feel a little dirty, and I'm not altogether sure I don't like it a little bit.

Should I seek professional help?

Thanks,

amflyer.
                1) get the kid something besides a .460 Wby Mag! Jeez!
                2) whiskey (whisky?). water rusts your pipes!
                3) venison IS NOT available in the grocery store!
                "EAT MORE VENISON!" i.e. hunt more often
                4) speed/perception on a bike is in a direct ratio to ones aversion to road rash and pain. (tattooed persons may (should?) show a greater aversion to "road rash"!)
                5) is that "crappy rap music" or "rappy crap music"?
                how can you NOT like "The Man in Black"?

6) it's the "spill chick" in your text function!
                About 10 minutes on "HIGH" in a microwave oven should remove all traces of moisture in your cellphone.....never to return again!

Be safe!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget