X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out in the country or in a city?

Where do you feel safest?

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...claim-to-want/

Dolsot bibimbap, but I would never turn down a good burger either. PS:. I can't find any primers.

Comment

Ho kee wobble op!
      I prefer my frozen yogurt in a waffle cone.
      I cain't find primers neither.

Comment

My Town is noted for miles around that we are a rough crowd. I don't think City types, black or white would last long here.

A relative lives in the Adirondacks in a town with 12 houses and loves it.
        jhjimbo
        ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
        Last edited by jhjimbo; 04-14-2021, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
          I feel safer in-between. Give me the suburbs any time over country or city.

City problems are obvious. But in the country people take advantage of the isolation to commit crimes. Also, it's farther from life-saving services.
          We built out here in the sticks in 2002. Actually, we're pretty much out in the open without any trees within, oh, 50 to 60 feet of the house.
          The local electric co-OP offers to install a "night light" for free. It's on the co-OP's side of the meter, so, no operational costs.
          My f-i-l set up a howl that if we didn't get the night light, the local ne'er-do-wells would steal us blind.
          I had recently read an article in Progressive Farmer, a publication he praised as almost biblical, that night lights merely offered thieves "lighted shopping"!
          We (the wife and me) decided against a night light

We're going on 20 years out here in the boonies and have not lost a single item. On the other hand, his house with "night light", 4 miles away, has pretty much been stripped clean of anything of value.

You will have thieves anywhere you go. I'm a "known" entity as in, "I'm armed and have no qualms about shooting!"
          The local "thievery" steers clear.
          FirstBubba
          ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
          Last edited by FirstBubba; 04-14-2021, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Bumpkin here. Traffic alone is enough to keep me out of populated living.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget