Bullet casting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    Well guess i better get to lickin' the 500 or so lbs of lead ingots in the garage.
    whatever floats your boat

Comment

I’d like to know how many pounds of lead split shot I carried around in my mouth before I was 20. I’d typically use 2 removable BB sized sinkers and would bite them on and off as I’d switch between worms and lures. What you don’t know can’t hurt you right?

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        I’d like to know how many pounds of lead split shot I carried around in my mouth before I was 20. I’d typically use 2 removable BB sized sinkers and would bite them on and off as I’d switch between worms and lures. What you don’t know can’t hurt you right?
        We used to play with mercury when I was a kid. Now if a school Chemistry class spills some or breaks a mercury thermometer they cordon off the area around the school a block in every direction.

Bill Gates is going to try his idea of dimming the sun to help with climate change. At his expense he is going to disperse a chemical at the very top of the atmosphere that will reflect the rays back to the sun. What if it does not work and puts us into a constant winter ? Can he retrieve the chemicals and reverse its effect ?

Comment

Well i sold my buddy my dads old casting pot.
          at least if I ever want to cast I can drive a short distance and hang out w him
          Found a brand NIB Lyman digital pot. Yowza those things are spendy. Proly end up getting a table at a gunshow this summer and moving it and other.

Have not started on inventory of molds.
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Took my sons to their Grandpa's house this weekend, did some shooting and also cast about 500 45 SWC bullets, sized and lubed. Did it all with a Lee 2-cavity mold. Lead Dipper and a tiny furnace. Kinda fun. If I ever run into enough primers, I'll be in business.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
              Took my sons to their Grandpa's house this weekend, did some shooting and also cast about 500 45 SWC bullets, sized and lubed. Did it all with a Lee 2-cavity mold. Lead Dipper and a tiny furnace. Kinda fun. If I ever run into enough primers, I'll be in business.
              Bullet casting, case prep and reloading always give me a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget