First lawn mow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First lawn mow

Couldn't put it off any longer. Push mowed to get through the wet spots. Lawn looks like hell for now but it's kind of like hair. You let grow to your shoulders and then cut it short so then it doesn't know where or how to lay. Needed a good sweat anyway. Give it a couple weeks and a couple cuts and we'll both be back in shape, or we'll both die.

I haven't mowed yet but should probably take a look to see if it's needed.

Comment

Haven't mowed, but I spent a good portion of the day following a tiller around. !
      I'm already dreaming of squash, onions, beans and asparagus!

Comment

We’re a few weeks out from mowing but first I need to fix about 600’ of road frontage that the snowplows tear up. Fortunately it’s not that bad this year, I’ve been removing material off the roads edges each spring so there’s not as much to catch. Probably start that tomorrow.

Great comment about hair growing out, that exact thing happens to me each spring as well.
        Last edited by fitch270; 03-26-2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Hello. I think it's better to mow the lawn in time and you will see the changes after a while. My friend also had an unpleasant situation. Last year, his lawn was not flat, and he wanted the lawn to look perfect. After a while, his ground was laid the way he wanted. He ordered black soil and scattered it around the territory. After that, the plot looked perfect, and he planted the territory with grass seeds. My friend ordered Kentucky Bluegrass Grass Seeds from this website https://www.growgardener.com/the-5-b...for-your-lawn/. His garden has become an example for inspiration and imitation for his neighbors, and many consult with him how he achieved such a result
          Last edited by vicparson; 07-09-2021, 11:36 AM.

Comment

My yard is small. My dads yard is small. Less than an hr for either.

Humidity has been brutal. Pushmower and am drenched. Shower go to work and drenched again.

​​​​​​Always running low on H2O. Maybe catch up this weekend. Allergic to yard work.....literally. But im the only one that does it.

Rather just put a " wildlife refuge " sign out front and let it go to heck.

Comment

Only reason to mow the back yard....path to my archery target ​​​​

Comment

PigHuntress and I share yard work and that includes mowing. It's part of our weekly exercise plan.

Comment

Saturday mornings mean lawn mowing for me as a kid. My dad worked Saturdays and it was hell to pay if he came home and the lawn was not done plus our grandmothers yard next door. Lollygagging watching Saturday morning cartoons meant mowing in the heat and humidity. Yards would be freshly mowed for Sunday visits and no yard work allowed that day. No rider mower either.

Comment

I hated mowing like a possum hates an axe handle.
                    Pop wasn't a stickler about the yard, but once it was decided it needed to be mowed or guests were on the way, I was collared and harnessed. No getting out of THAT chore! LOL!
                    Pop did buy a "Big Wheel" Yazoo. Mowing dude! Cut close too!
                    Nipped the toe on a couple of boots before I got the message!
                    Broke my left arm as a freshman. Got out of mowing some.
                    Broke my collar bone between my Jr. and Sr. year. Missed a few mowings then too.

I've got a rider now. I still don't LIKE mowing, but I don't mind doing it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget