Venison lunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venison lunch

venson soaked in maple syrup then wet rolled and browned, put in the crockpot and finished off with fresh carrots, stewed tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms. IMG_2339.JPG

Looks good. Grilling tonight but it’s supposed to cool back down next week so maybe the crock pot won’t be put away just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
      venson soaked in maple syrup then wet rolled and browned, put in the crockpot and finished off with fresh carrots, stewed tomatoes, and sliced mushrooms. IMG_2339.JPG
      Bet a batch of home whupped, cat head biscuits would go great with that!

I have always been a fan of any type venison soup, stew or mulligan with potatoes, garlic, onion and sometimes tomatoes with biscuits or a pone of corn dodger! ...especially on a cold, wet day or for supper.

...but I'm not too sure about soaking the meat in maple syrup.
      I wouldn't say "No" without trying it, but it doesn't fit my palate profile.
      Last edited by FirstBubba; 03-25-2021, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Bet a batch of home whupped, cat head biscuits would go great with that!

I have always been a fan of any type venison soup, stew or mulligan with potatoes, garlic, onion and sometimes tomatoes with biscuits or a pone of corn dodger! ...especially on a cold, wet day or for supper.

...but I'm not too sure about soaking the meat in maple syrup.
        I wouldn't say "No" without trying it, but it doesn't fit my palate profile.
        Maple syrup: Read about it online thought I would give it a try. Other than making the carrots a little sweet, it doesn't add much if anything. File it under gimmick. The celery, onion, pepper did all the heavy lifting. If it was dinner there would have been more and bigger bell pepper added with more and bigger mushrooms. I like using spicy mustard as my flower sticker most times, sometimes I butter brown plain meat.
        big old homemade bread(local bakery)

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post

Maple syrup: Read about it online thought I would give it a try. Other than making the carrots a little sweet, it doesn't add much if anything. File it under gimmick. The celery, onion, pepper did all the heavy lifting. If it was dinner there would have been more and bigger bell pepper added with more and bigger mushrooms. I like using spicy mustard as my flower sticker most times, sometimes I butter brown plain meat.
          big old homemade bread(local bakery)
          Hmmm..... May have to give that a whirl, that is, if I ever kill another deer! LOL!
          Since August 2019, my hunting has been pretty much nonexistent. Turkey or deer either one, and that's about the only ones that interest me anymore.
          I haven't taken a deer or a turkey since the fall of 2018
          ...and 2021 doesn't seem to show much more promise except maybe for deer.

Comment

Tasty! I recently grilled venison chops over charcoal and will probably have that for lunch today.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget