Dust on the bottle(s); Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post

You may think that true, but best not chance it. Let me know when you want me to show up on your doorstep for some of that 25 YO Macallen.
    Looked online and it’s up to $2,500 in places. I haven’t opened it yet, but will announce the blessed event! Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
      Oh, and Crown Royal and Wild Turkey are made from a goodly portion of corn, which gives it a sweeter taste. Scotch is made a bit differently and with different casks, and can even have a smoky (from peat fires used to dry the barley) earthy flavor, that you either dig or don't.

If you're not someone that hates anything different from what you're used to, you may find you enjoy it.
      I thought Crown and most Canadian blends were mostly rye? I like the Crown Black for sipping. Pendleton not bad either. I have about 2/3 of a handle of Dewars that has been sitting for a year or more. Dewars had an excellent to my taste 14 yo a while back. Haven’t seen that around these parts in a while. Some of the Islay scotches are a bit bold for some. My brother describes them tasting like a burnt-down ghetto house smells! Refined palate he has.....

Comment

I can't handle the hard stuff, I may as well try drinking gasoline.
        My pop, on the other hand, would not touch a "blended" whiskey.
        His preferred was 10 year old J.W. Dant.
        "IF" I ever want the hard stuff, it's "Black Jack" with just a little water. I can't handle it straight up.

​​​​​​​https://youtu.be/LR-8fsoJN60

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post

I thought Crown and most Canadian blends were mostly rye? I like the Crown Black for sipping. Pendleton not bad either. I have about 2/3 of a handle of Dewars that has been sitting for a year or more. Dewars had an excellent to my taste 14 yo a while back. Haven’t seen that around these parts in a while. Some of the Islay scotches are a bit bold for some. My brother describes them tasting like a burnt-down ghetto house smells! Refined palate he has.....
          Could be WAM, I don't drink much of the Canadians. Don't have anything against them, just think there's better bottles out there.

In my parts, it's all about Bourbon these days, the new fad. $30 dollar bottles going for 150, etc. It's ok, but I just can't get my hair to stay in a man-bun, so I stick to the Scotch, with a trickle if some pot-still Irish now and then.

If you like the Islay's (and only the best do) try a bit of the latest Laphroaig Cairdeas. It changes by year, but this release is finished in "Port and wine" casks. A but trendy, but I think it's really good. For the price they ask it should be.

Well, off to the range. CMP dropped off a 1952 M1 the other day, and my WW2-history buff kid wants to hear that ping some more.

Comment

Thanks, ‘Flyer. I’m not drinking much these days. Whiskey is giving me headaches, not hangovers, even in moderation. I rarely have more than 2 shots an evening. Seems like it keeps me awake in the middle of the night, too.
            Have fun with the M-1 😆

Comment

I'm only drinking three nights a week. One double shot of rum mixed with mango/orange juice on Tuesday's and Friday's during karaoke practice. On Sunday at the bar, it's usually two rum and cokes, two or three Rolling Rock beers, and a buttery nipple shot - spread out over 4 hours.

Comment

Got to lubricate those vocal cords to hit those Barry Gibbs’ falsetto notes in “Stayin’ Alive”!

or a little Brian Johnson “ Thunderstruck “.....
                WA Mtnhunter
                Last edited by WA Mtnhunter; 03-24-2021, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Got to lubricate those vocal cords to hit those Barry Gibbs’ falsetto notes in “Stayin’ Alive”!

or a little Brian Johnson “ Thunderstruck “.....
                  Indeed, I need all the help possible. Those falsetto notes are usually beyond me. So Barry Gibbs and a bunch of others are out of my vocal range. Would really like to do "Africa" by Toto but those high notes stop me. The closest I come is in "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak.

Now AC/DC is another story completely. "Thunderstruck" kills my vocal cords for the rest of the evening. However, been practicing "Highway To Hell" and "It's A Long Way To The Top" which are not as bad.

I have to stay away from most Motown tunes as well. PigHuntress says I sound like a white boy trying to be black. Got to know your own limits...

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Indeed, I need all the help possible. Those falsetto notes are usually beyond me. So Barry Gibbs and a bunch of others are out of my vocal range. Would really like to do "Africa" by Toto but those high notes stop me. The closest I come is in "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak.

Now AC/DC is another story completely. "Thunderstruck" kills my vocal cords for the rest of the evening. However, been practicing "Highway To Hell" and "It's A Long Way To The Top" which are not as bad.

I have to stay away from most Motown tunes as well. PigHuntress says I sound like a white boy trying to be black. Got to know your own limits...

How about this one? Ties into the thread nicely.

Comment

Better yet...
                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BPCjC543llU

Comment

That works!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget