X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    Looked for a B forend, no find. Old Arms Idaho had a tropical forend, and w the 22" bbl looked like it might be better scale. So started sanding it to fit the McGowen .219 DWasp bbl.

Should be 2 beers and a half hour after work tonight. Problematic beater 552A can wait.

Looks like a good color match in the picture and the butt stock has some nice figure as well. Plans for it?

What’s the issue with the 552?

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Get forend fitted and then get alignment bars from bud and see how much goop to bed the bases correctly.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Looked for a B forend, no find. Old Arms Idaho had a tropical forend, and w the 22" bbl looked like it might be better scale. So started sanding it to fit the McGowen .219 DWasp bbl.

Should be 2 beers and a half hour after work tonight. Problematic beater 552A can wait.

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by CD2; 03-25-2021, 04:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Happy wife, happy life!

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    We don't really get cabin fever down here. Can do most anything any month. As for what I'll be doing next week/month I'll have to go to one of the websites my wife belongs to and check to see what I'm doing next.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Well done on both counts FB!

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Very nice FB, would be proud to have them at my own home.👍👍👍

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Speaking of "projects"....!

When the kid bought this place, there was a 2 room "shack" in the back yard. We pushed it down, cleaned up the antique lumber and stacked it.
    On a whim, I came up with this!

A sliding "barn door"!

This side is visible from the dining room.
    20210312_165639.jpg
    20210312_165618.jpgThis side is visible from the den.

The rail and rollers are from a barn on our place in Oklahoma.

Also, inside the "shack" were three chairs.
    I tossed them in the "useless" lumber stack and burned them to get the wood off them and throw them on the scrap trailer.

Came up with this project.
    20210116_141033.jpg
    After the fire....

Wire brushed them....

Primed them...
    20210209_081121.jpg
    Painted them black and used the reclaimed wood to make seats and backs.

Not too bad for an old cripple! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    CD2 : my disabilities force me to hire out work also, and like you whoever shows up is getting me overseeing every step, and keeping my mouth shut never happens. Not afraid to say stop I'll get someone else to anybody. Wife knows better than to tell me to "let it go, it's fine".
    LOL!
    I don't "hire", I just take my time and do it myself, for now! 😀!
    I'm constantly having to tell the wife and kids, "I'm a cripple! NOT an invalid!"
    It's my OFS kicking in! LOL!

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    CD2 : my disabilities force me to hire out work also, and like you whoever shows up is getting me overseeing every step, and keeping my mouth shut never happens. Not afraid to say stop I'll get someone else to anybody. Wife knows better than to tell me to "let it go, it's fine".

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I am not doing the sewer line. Should, and save me some money ( plus do it right ). But am too old and screwed up for that kind ( and amount ) of work.

So now i get to drink beer and supervise..... supervise my wallet going empty!

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Have a lot to do, looks like all new sewer line. That and bathroom, plus estate stuff....turkey season is probably a no go. My head and heart aint into anything right now. I havent gone anywhere on vacation since 95.

Burned vac and personal time for kid and dad health stuff.

Get new vacation allotment, after turkey season LOL

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Pops had some rigs out of whack and never got around to setting em right. His arthritis just got to be too much.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Its a short wasp thats had the shoulder reamed to long wasp.

A guy made some ammo for my dad.
    Inherited the project

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Dirty Thirty
    by Ernie
    This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
    Today, 12:56 PM
  • 243 Odyssey & squirrel prep
    by dewman
    Went to youngest daughters graduation these last 3 days in Hannibal. (Masters from HLG). On the return trip stopped in a mom & pop convenience store....
    05-16-2022, 04:14 PM
  • Angry Consumers Buy Bulk SMS Service Sneaking
    by shatikhatun
    Their complaints into the subconscious of other buyers and marking their purchase decisions Others may say that such comments are unhelpful, but your...
    05-10-2022, 03:43 AM
  • Monday Already?
    by fitch270
    05-09-2022, 12:29 PM
  • Laughing Hurts
    by fitch270
    I’m glad I saw Motley Crue 30+ years ago. This is both painful to watch and funny as he.. at the same time.

05-05-2022, 07:47 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X