Top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retirement?tod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    My old friend from high school and college roommate called yesterday. He retired in December after turning 62. Now I'm seriously thinking 67 will be my time.
    Must have been an interesting conversation. I'd kinda regretted starting this post, felt like I was being a bit of a wuss afterwards but sometimes things happen for a reason.

    Comment


    • #17
      It was interesting enough for me to take another look at my latest Social Security statement. I've been working a multi-year plan to get this house ready to sell in a few years in order to downsize. But it was always an unscheduled event. Now I have a 5 year goal.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

        ...felt like I was being a bit of a wuss afterwards but sometimes things happen for a reason.
        OF COURSE you were being a wuss, but you're our favorite wuss. Stay sassy.

        Comment


        • #19
          That’s twice now.....
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
            It was interesting enough for me to take another look at my latest Social Security statement. I've been working a multi-year plan to get this house ready to sell in a few years in order to downsize. But it was always an unscheduled event. Now I have a 5 year goal.
            IF you can swing it and have other interests, take the 62 and out. I did and have never regretted it. Been retired or semi retired since the '90's. Semi retired was a time I took a part time job at Home Depot. Now I have so much I do I run out of time to fit everything in.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

              IF you can swing it and have other interests, take the 62 and out. I did and have never regretted it. Been retired or semi retired since the '90's. Semi retired was a time I took a part time job at Home Depot. Now I have so much I do I run out of time to fit everything in.
              I understand what you're saying Jim. However, I'm at the top of my career and making great money. Having fun along the way is our lifestyle so there's really nothing major that I'm not doing with free time. It's intentional that we live in the suburbs on a 150x150 lot. I considered being a rural landowner like my two brothers but see how they're working their asses off in retirement just to maintain what they have. No thanks, that's not for me.

              I'd like to travel more and want a new 4x4. I want to supplement Social Security in retirement with enough to continue not worrying about bills. That all takes funding. Working until at least 67 allows much more freedom.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

                I understand what you're saying Jim. However, I'm at the top of my career and making great money. Having fun along the way is our lifestyle so there's really nothing major that I'm not doing with free time. It's intentional that we live in the suburbs on a 150x150 lot. I considered being a rural landowner like my two brothers but see how they're working their asses off in retirement just to maintain what they have. No thanks, that's not for me.

                I'd like to travel more and want a new 4x4. I want to supplement Social Security in retirement with enough to continue not worrying about bills. That all takes funding. Working until at least 67 allows much more freedom.
                You will never get ahead on SS. I just got a notice I got a $15.00 increase this year. Not going far on $15. You pay in big time and they throw you a few crumbs.

                Comment

                Welcome!

                Collapse

                Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

                Right Rail 1 Ad

                Collapse

                Top Active Users

                Collapse

                There are no top active users.

                Right Rail 2 Ad

                Collapse

                Latest Topics

                Collapse

                • Taxidermy man called
                  by fitch270
                  Teaser; We haven’t picked it up yet but plan to this afternoon after the Kid gets done with work.

                  Should have pics up this evening.
                  Today, 09:54 AM
                • Ammo/guns: the other side of the coin
                  by dewman
                  All of you know my latest 7mm-08. Well, I had a fella today at the little gun store I loiter at offer me $1,000 for it and the scope. Offered $40 a box...
                  03-02-2021, 09:36 PM
                • Ammunition vs. components.
                  by Red Angus
                  Throughout the course of my daily duties, questions occasionally form in my mind as I contemplate various matters and this question seemed to be a likely...
                  03-02-2021, 11:03 AM
                • Deer population
                  by Red Angus
                  Over evening last weekend, Feb. 20-21, my wife and I counted 55 deer in the 2-1/2 miles before we got home. Groups ranged in size from 5 to 25. Such numbers...
                  03-01-2021, 05:53 PM
                • Nice find poochie!
                  by FirstBubba
                  The kid's pup headed to the backyard after breakfast.
                  THIS is what she found.


                  No longer viable due to traumatic head injuri...
                  02-28-2021, 11:32 AM

                Right Rail 3 Ad

                Collapse

                Footer Ad Widget

                Collapse
                Working...
                X