Outdoor Life Cover to Cover archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Life Cover to Cover archives

I mentioned this topic a month or so ago. I asked if anyone knew anything about Outdoor Life Cover to Cover archives, particularly why Outdoor Life stopped the website. No one seemed concerned. I find it strange as readers of Outdoor Life magazine no one on this forum misses the website. Every Outdoor Life magazine ever printed was viewable. It had to be the most interesting and informative site I have ever issued. Did anyone here subscribe to it? There is a number to call for the Bonner Corp that owns Outdoor Life and someone that answers says it might come back sometime. Why would Outdoor Life stop such a great website like this? Anyone want to comment? Thanks, Scott

Originally posted by Scott123 View Post
    I mentioned this topic a month or so ago. I asked if anyone knew anything about Outdoor Life Cover to Cover archives, particularly why Outdoor Life stopped the website. No one seemed concerned. I find it strange as readers of Outdoor Life magazine no one on this forum misses the website. Every Outdoor Life magazine ever printed was viewable. It had to be the most interesting and informative site I have ever issued. Did anyone here subscribe to it? There is a number to call for the Bonner Corp that owns Outdoor Life and someone that answers says it might come back sometime. Why would Outdoor Life stop such a great website like this? Anyone want to comment? Thanks, Scott
    I think OL has all the back issues on CD's for sale. That may be why the discontinued the site. Check with Natalie Krebs and she may have more info. He e-mail is [email protected].

Comment

One thing to consider:. Bonnier sold OL and F&S a while ago.

Comment

Reportedly, they are not accepting new print subscriptions at this time.

Comment

This site was having a bit of a resurgence for a short time, and was promptly shut down (or crashed and forgotten) long enough to pretty much drain the last blood.

Comment

I never checked out the archives, if they were getting less hits than this site it's no wonder they shut it down. I'd guess the info is stored somewhere though.

With the holidays over and seasons winding down maybe traffic will pick back up here as cabin fever sets in.

Comment

One reason for the short resurgence of the site in the last couple of months was due to the huge onset of spam on FS ! When that was apparently shut down, the attempt to again start interest in OL was affected also ! But, as far as the OL archives being affected by the original shut down, that could be a different breed of cats !

Comment

Thanks for the responses. Hope the site returns. Did anyone else view the magazines? Outdoor Life in the past was Guns, Guns and Ammo, Handloader, Rifle , and Shooting Times all rolled in one. It is so interesting reading about all the experiments in handloading. Have a happy new year everybody.

Comment

The email that I sent to Natalie Krebs doesn't seem to work. I have emailed OL many times with no response. What is wrong? Scott

Comment

I just spoke to someone at 844 710-0380 about the archives. She asked her supervisor and that person said they didn't know when the site would return. I find it hard to believe a resource like that would go away wit no explanation. By the way this phone # at least let's you ask a question to a real person.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget