Clear All

• CD2
    replied
    Thanks.
    See what happens, cant do anything.

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    Antlerless is this week, and w kid and pop both screwed up ( non covid for the kid ) i dunno if Ill get out. Really dont want to shoot a doe w rifle, but have no deer in freezer.

Moon was full and bright, waking me up repeatedly.
    So might hit the thicket around noon.

MIght just skip it. Cuz wants to go to a spot up north sometime this week

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    I had to quarantine, cost me 9 days pay. Got a couple surprise bills on my kid w the health issues. So Dec was a 3k hit.

So the post xmas gunshop loop aint gonna happen this year

Leave a comment:

• CD2
    replied
    My dad got it, at a gunshow i think. 80 and diabetic he had fatigue and that about it. But the fatigue made him fall so had to run him to ER for check out. Was OK but the covid fog remains.

If his mind doesnt recover its beyond our capabilities.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I am in group 1B but around here they are behind expected amount of vaccines given. I guess you can still get the virus but the vaccine makes it a milder infection and reduces risk of death.
    J&J is thought to come on line in a couple weeks.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    PH, your words about exposure to the virus, are those that none of us hope to hear ! Hope your granddaughter‘s symptoms are not a result of the virus, but if so, that you were not infected and certainly that your father will not be either. In as much as this virus appears to be serious for some, but to have only slight affect on others, it can be a riddle as to it’s dangers ! Best of wishes to your family for the holidays !!

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Words of wisdom right there. If there’s a lesson from this past year it’s not to take anything for granted, especially the small stuff.

Peace and health to all.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    Well said.

I visited my 86 year old Dad yesterday at his house. Each week we talk on the phone a couple of times but I hadn't seen him in person since Father's Day. Just didn't want to take the risk of giving him Covid. He's got my two brothers and sister taking care of him, all are retired. Dad has some trouble walking but was able to drop an 8-pt whitetail this season. Uses a Remington 7400 in .30-06 with 180gr Core-Lokts.
    That's great your dad is still out there and having success. What state does he reside In? Is he close distance to you or are get togethers a planned trip?I've lost two friends to Covid since November and my brother who I mention here often has it, as well as his wife, stepdaughter and her 2 boys. Sil was pretty sick but all are recovering and tomorrow (Christmas) is their last quarantine day. Covid is real.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    started a topic Years end-------- a friendly reminder.

Years end-------- a friendly reminder.

As we all wish each other a merry Christmas 🎄and reflect back on another passing year I will take a moment to once again to gently remind us all that we can't get any of our time back. Working all the time to have money to buy the ones we love the tools to enjoy the outdoors can't replace the time we could be spending actually out there enjoying it. Children grow, friends move, we get old and infirm, accidents happen, and of course we all die. Get out there and get with it. Never give in, never surrender. And stay safe. I post this in honor of fellowships made here, a favored nephew who once shot off the mirror to my truck and melted a recoil pad on my 700 classic but now serves his country in Kuwait, and my father, who hunted with a 300 Weatherby and a 3" A5 with only one arm. IMG_2153.JPG IMG_2150.JPG
    Last edited by dewman; 01-01-2021, 05:51 PM.

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget