F&S cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F&S cleanup

Things here haven't picked up as much as I expected since the lights came back on here, I'm wondering if the lack of spam on F&S is the main reason or if everyone's distracted by the time of year? It's not exactly busy over there either.

For now I'm thinking of starting any new posts here and simply commenting over there. If OL stays slow I'll just transition back.

Curious as to what others think about continuing to use both sites.

I'm thinking the same. I'll post here, comment there. Better chance here for a thread to be up in the front long enough for all to see it. Stay safe

Comment

Alternate weapons opens here Saturday. I may go with brother up to his wife's family's cabin but will mostly hang around there as I'm tagged out for this year. Had my fill of squirrels as well. Was a gorgeous day today. Wishing I had something to do beside sit in front of stores while wife and daughter shop. Thought I would check out the ladies walking by but damn they need a leggings police. Bad. Ladies, not all of you can pull them off. Merry Christmas y'all.😉

Comment

Tomorrow wraps up deer season here with the last day of muzzleloader. The Kid has school remotely and was told his final class period was basically optional so he's giving it one last swing for a couple hours in the afternoon. Unless the snow melts down considerably grouse hunting with my younger dog won't be an option. The old dog is officially retired regardless. Hate that.

I finally got the reloading ball rolling and canned venison for the first time, maybe I'll actually quit putting off squirrel hunting and get after it.

Comment

It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to participate in/on both sites ! If people want to contribute, or just read politics on F&S, no problem. The idea as I understood it, was to leave OL pristine to outdoor matters and this is fine. So, as it stands at this time everyone should be content, a site with, a site without......! I am a little mystified as to why there now appears to be some dissatisfaction of the status quo. But, maybe since I am still away from my loved America, I am a little uneasy about things and easily disturbed........
          Anyway, I am still wishing all of you guys and your families, a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

Comment

Checking both forums.
            I don't participate with the political threads anywhere. I don't have a problem with anyone who does, but I am not going use my time or emotions in that area. I am more interested in guns, shooting and hunting😁

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
              It doesn’t take a whole lot of effort to participate in/on both sites ! If people want to contribute, or just read politics on F&S, no problem. The idea as I understood it, was to leave OL pristine to outdoor matters and this is fine. So, as it stands at this time everyone should be content, a site with, a site without......! I am a little mystified as to why there now appears to be some dissatisfaction of the status quo. But, maybe since I am still away from my loved America, I am a little uneasy about things and easily disturbed........
              Anyway, I am still wishing all of you guys and your families, a very MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
              Didn’t mean to come across as dissatisfied Richard, was just trying to get an idea where folks stood as to using the two sites. Having both has its advantages.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I’ve put a request in to Santa to give you a lift home but I think he may be operating under COVID restrictions at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Didn’t mean to come across as dissatisfied Richard, was just trying to get an idea where folks stood as to using the two sites. Having both has its advantages.

A very Merry Christmas to you and yours as well. I’ve put a request in to Santa to give you a lift home but I think he may be operating under COVID restrictions at this time.
                Yeah, I know fitch.......things are getting to me here, I feel completely out of my element and without any control of my life right now ! Please don’t take my words as unkind.......it’s great to have you guys to at least communicate with !

Comment

I go back and forth and comment on both if I have something to add. I read and post political on F&S until the election results are finalized. Really, I only watch the political threads as I think we are seeing History being made that rarely comes around, after that other topics will be more interesting..

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Yeah, I know fitch.......things are getting to me here, I feel completely out of my element and without any control of my life right now ! Please don’t take my words as unkind.......it’s great to have you guys to at least communicate with !
                    All good here Richard, I'm a homebody by nature and can't begin to imagine being in your situation. Very much looking forward to raising a glass to toast you making it home.

Comment

;-)) ! Thanks, I’ll be looking forward to it !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget