Snap caps. You use them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snap caps. You use them?

Like it says. I have them for shotguns, revolvers, rifles and rimfires. I use them for practice a little ( mostly in revolvers) in others to release firing pin tension. If you don't use them is it because you think them unnecessary?

Originally posted by dewman View Post
    Like it says. I have them for shotguns, revolvers, rifles and rimfires. I use them for practice a little ( mostly in revolvers) in others to release firing pin tension. If you don't use them is it because you think them unnecessary?
    I make my own from brass cartridge and fill primer pocket with rubber from pencil eraser.

Comment

I have a pair for my 12 gauge O/U but don't remember the last time I used them. What I do use now and then are plastic wall anchors that fit in .22 rimfires. I should practice dry firing more often but they're also handy for adjusting trigger pulls. I can't remember the size but a box of 100 was like $4 at Lowe's. They last quite awhile and actually eject just like a spent round.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
        I am getting the laser Strikeman for BIL and family. They use a laser in chamber and the end is the switch that turns it on.. It also absorbs the impact of the hammer. I never have dry fired any guns over the years.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget