Snowstorm outside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snowstorm outside

Just let the dogs out, have about 4-5” on the ground and it’s supposed to go through about 10am. Forecast is for 15” by morning and another 3” or so tomorrow but we could see 20-24” total. I put in 10 hours of OT last weekend to get caught up from a slick couple inches last Wednesday that ended up melting off by Saturday. Not much point in me going to work tomorrow and schools already been cancelled so it looks like a day off with the kid.

Jim said he got hit last week or so, any one else been having much snow?

I got about 18". Shoveled off a ton from my second story deck. IMG_0657.JPG

Comment

I measured 21.5” on the deck and 22” on the lawn, probably got a better reading on the deck since the grass has some give. Wasn’t bad stuff to move, not wet but not blowing all over either. It took about 1.5 hours to dig out the drive. The Kid went up with the muzzleloader at dawn, didn’t see anything but got a good workout.

BE639A71-6810-4C74-9FB9-565EE82121BF.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        I measured 21.5” on the deck and 22” on the lawn, probably got a better reading on the deck since the grass has some give. Wasn’t bad stuff to move, not wet but not blowing all over either. It took about 1.5 hours to dig out the drive. The Kid went up with the muzzleloader at dawn, didn’t see anything but got a good workout.

BE639A71-6810-4C74-9FB9-565EE82121BF.jpeg
        glad you got your tractor back! Gonna need it push all that snow around. Chilly here mid 40's. I'm probably out of the woods for awhile. Plan to stick around here after the holidays and enjoy the meat I already have.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
          glad you got your tractor back! Gonna need it push all that snow around. Chilly here mid 40's. I'm probably out of the woods for awhile. Plan to stick around here after the holidays and enjoy the meat I already have.
          Me too on the tractor! I run a 5'ft snowblower with it that works great for this kind of snowfall, you don't end up with snowbanks piled up in the way. I also have a plow on the SxS but this was way too much for it too handle. Picked the plow up last year because I got tired of having to switch back and forth between the blower and a back blade on the tractor. Depending on what we get hit with I just jump on one or the other and get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
            Sitting and watching a food plot right now. That much snow would shut us down for a week and be talked aboutt for a generation.
            Good deal PH. The Kid's out right now with my Brother in Law and a shirt tail family member by marrige of both of ours. I had lunch then checked in online and proceeded to konk out for a nap. That doesn't happen very often. I'd like to take the new muzzleloader out this weekend but still haven't sighted it in. With almost two feet of snow on the ground and a full freezer I won't be upset if it doesn't happen.

Comment

PH: That spot looks more than a little promising

Comment

Yes it does dewman, in fact it isn't hard to picture a big ole tom blown up in full strut in the middle of that either. Looks very similar to a spot we hunt here at home.

Could be this snow has me projecting to spring a little.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Yes it does dewman, in fact it isn't hard to picture a big ole tom blown up in full strut in the middle of that either. Looks very similar to a spot we hunt here at home.

Could be this snow has me projecting to spring a little.
                  Don't hurry time along compadre. Kids grow up and move away way too soon. Hunt, fish, or just get out every chance you get cause you only get that day once. Never give in, never surrender!💪🏻🦌🐿🐗🦆🐇🦃 + ⚡️= 🥓🍗🌭🍔🌮🥘🍝👍

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget