Pay it forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay it forward

I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment from you guys I'd like to offer up the 3-9×40 take off scope from the ADL package to anyone who could use it or knows someone who could. It has a fairly short eye relief so no hard kickers, no markings as to manufacturer but the caps have the Vortex logo on them. We shot just seven rounds with it so it's like new. I'll include the rings that came with it.

First I'll take it gets it, just send me a pm and I'll get it shipped out. It's not much but if nothing else I'll have more room on the gun bench for the reloading stuff thats on the way.

It's been a rough year and the holidays are coming up, if anyone else wants to join in that would be awesome.

That's awesome fitch270!
    No, I don't want the scope, but maybe I'll dig around a bit and see what I've got stashed back that I can't use or not using. Maybe I can help out someone else.

"One man's trash is another man's treasure!"

Comment

Great idea. I'm in a downsizing mood and recently donated several backpacks to a rescue mission / store. But I'm not through and will see what else I have to pass along. I've already swapped items via PM.

Comment

Wish I did pal but this close to season everyone I know is setup to go. Commend you on the thought and will add a "thank you" anyway.

Comment

Fitch, good idea ! I have several things that are dear to me, and which have caused me consternation as to what will happen to them after........well I guess after there is no need for consternation...!

Your idea may give me a way to see that these ‘dear’ things may find a good home and be used in purpose. Allow me some time to put further thought into it, and thanks !!

Comment

It occurs to me I've already been doing this for close to 50 years. I bet we all have. Think about it. Haven't you ever shown someone where to go to get a good chance at success? Maybe took them yourself? Shared the hot lure/technique? Gave ammo when they were out, even if you were running short yourself? Clothes, boots, gear? A ride? Sure we have. Hunters/fishermen aren't just providers of food, we are providers period! We give our time, share our knowledge whenever asked. If not asked then we volunteer. Every plant we put in the ground, every tree we decide not to cut (excluding hinging for cover) every fish we put back is paying it forward. Think I'll do a third cup this morning to honor us. Extra couple of bacon slices and one more over easy egg. Hell I (we) deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
              It occurs to me I've already been doing this for close to 50 years. I bet we all have. Think about it. Haven't you ever shown someone where to go to get a good chance at success? Maybe took them yourself? Shared the hot lure/technique? Gave ammo when they were out, even if you were running short yourself? Clothes, boots, gear? A ride? Sure we have. Hunters/fishermen aren't just providers of food, we are providers period! We give our time, share our knowledge whenever asked. If not asked then we volunteer. Every plant we put in the ground, every tree we decide not to cut (excluding hinging for cover) every fish we put back is paying it forward. Think I'll do a third cup this morning to honor us. Extra couple of bacon slices and one more over easy egg. Hell I (we) deserve it.
              I have 3 cups every morning. I just added extra buttered toast and a bignokd glob of homemade pear preserves! 😇😀! LOL!

Comment

I'd hoped someone on here could have found a home for this but given the lack of pedigree for the optic I'm not surprised. No problem, it was worth a shot. Rather than leave it up in the air I'm going to pull the offer here and leave a note at our club to see if someone there can find a use for it.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  I'd hoped someone on here could have found a home for this but given the lack of pedigree for the optic I'm not surprised. No problem, it was worth a shot. Rather than leave it up in the air I'm going to pull the offer here and leave a note at our club to see if someone there can find a use for it.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Good move. Thanks for offering it here first

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget