How Is The Best Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Is The Best Way

For new members, how is the best way to look through Outdoor Life site ? I will call on experienced members to give new people some tips on how they review the various parts of the site. Of course, if you know exactly what you want to see you can go directly there.
    Lets hear all the suggestions on how to use the site. Jim

OL Navigation.JPG

Comment

Participation is welcome from all members IF it is pertinent to the subject at hand and does not change the meaning of the thread. Irrelevant posts that change the direction of a thread is not couth.

Comment

Jim, I hear ya and will try not sidetracking threads, unless it's warranted.

I use a variety of site navigation means including the search engine. The Outdoorlife.com site has a multitude of content from many good writers. Sometimes I search by topic, other times by author.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
          Jim, I hear ya and will try not sidetracking threads, unless it's warranted.

I use a variety of site navigation means including the search engine. The Outdoorlife.com site has a multitude of content from many good writers. Sometimes I search by topic, other times by author.
          There is basically one who posts off topic and meaningless posts. I am surprised others have not confronted him with that.

Comment

Just checking in from Field & Stream. I will miss Dave Petzal. May take me some time to relearn the ropes over her. Kindest Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Myles View Post
              Just checking in from Field & Stream. I will miss Dave Petzal. May take me some time to relearn the ropes over her. Kindest Regards.
              Mr. Myles, great to see your post. I hope all is well with you and yours. Dave Petzal contributed several articles in the last F&S issue. Do you subscribe?

Comment

PigHunter thank you. Yes I subscribe to F & S, my reference to Mr Petzal was in regard to posted articles, lately they have been meager in quantity and content. Only my opinion. I have been an Outdoor Life subscriber via my father or self for 80 years. I learned to read sitting on my fathers knee digesting, Getting The Range, by Jack O’Connor. I felt sorry for dear old dad, he could not afford 2 Model 70 270s and hunt the world. He was stuck with an 06 Enfield he bought at Benicia Arsenal for Five dollars and then redid himself. He was the greatest buckaroo, elk and deer hunter I ever knew.
                I am partial. Very best to all
                Last edited by Happy Myles; 10-21-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

There is basically one who posts off topic and meaningless posts. I am surprised others have not confronted him with that.
                  ...and "whom" might that be jhjimbo?
                  The best way to "navigate" this or any other site is whatever works best for each individual.
                  Like pighunter, I mostly just click on menus and follow them along.

H. Myles great to see you still around!
                  So you haven't been burned off the map yet?

Comment

PigHunter thank you. Yes I subscribe to F & S, my reference to Mr Petzal was in regard to posted articles, lately they have been meager in quantity and content. Only my opinion. I have been an Outdoor Life subscriber via my father or self for 80 years. I learned to read sitting on my fathers knee digesting, Getting The Range, by Jack O’Connor. I felt sorry for dear old dad, he could not afford 2 Model 70 270s and hunt the world. He was stuck with an 06 Enfield he bought at Benicia Arsenal for Five dollars and then redid himself. He was the greatest buckaroo, elk and deer hunter I ever knew.
                    Welcome Happy. I thought of you when I saw a box of Winchester Safari .416Rigby, 400gr for $60.00 at the flea market.

Comment

Jimbo, $60.00? Barnes Triple Shock run around $126.00 a box. Cape Buffalo prefer to be shot with expensive stuff, they have their reputation to uphold. I try to hurt more than their feelings.

Comment

My 86 year old Dad is a retired mechanic and has never had an expensive rifle. He used a Winchester Model 94 in .32 Winchester Special for his younger years, iron sights of course. The last 25 years he's used a Remington Model 7400 in .30-06, killing deer every year so far... I understand your bias because my Dad is my hero too. Cheers!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget