Remington news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remington news

Just caught this on another forum, wanted to pass it along and get thoughts from anyone interested. Hopefully something good will come out of it.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/re...ts-bushmaster/

We will have to wait and see. I'm a cynic I know, taught by life not born this way. We all expect new ownerships to upgrade and improve success and work to fix the problem areas. We all know however that many times the bottom line wins out over integrity and the clueless are put in charge. You can hand a wrench to the most energetic monkey in the joint but you still don't want him touching your ride.

Comment

The main thing for Remington is they emerge from the break up with no debt for whatever is left of the original company. This is a problem many old companies face. First they have huge pension fund requirements and second, IF they funded their plans as they incurred the expense they have a pile of cash in the bank. This is what attracts Corporate Raiders who get control of the Company and liquidate the pension reserves leaving the Company broke. I think Remington is victim of both situations. Carl Icon is a famous Corporate Raider.
      The reason old Companies move locations is they offer employees jobs at the new location but in reality hope few take the offer to make the move, thus reducing their pension liabilities.

Comment

Jeez, don't let anyone know that I'm saying this, but I really don't know if I want to buy any firearms in the foreseeable future. I guess I have what I need?

That said, somebody must have put the black-magic curse on the big green. A nice M700 CDL in 7 mm was my first "real rifle" purchase. Before that, I hunted deer with a really cheap Savage and Tasco setup. That nicer rifle always did everything it needed to, shot well, but never really won my heart. Still have it though. Same as the Savage.

Comment

Wow!
          Ruger ended up with the Marlin Firearms "pieces-part"!?
          That could be awesome for us (the American hunter!), Ruger AND Marlin.
          Can you imagine a Ruger 10/22 with the accuracy of Marlins little M60?
          Maybe even bring back the Ruger No.3 as a Marlin single shot of some type?
          Ruglin?
          Marger?
          Hopefully, I'll be around in the next 2 or 3 years to see what comes out of this marriage.
          Hopefully, something interesting and something I'd like to have! 😃!

Comment

If I was to buy a new rifle it'd be a Steyr or Merkel.

Comment

Can't argue with a Steyr Mannlicher. I have the Left hand 30-06 with a Swarovski 2.5X10. Nice rig with quick detach scope mount IM000296.JPGsteyr2 004.jpg and double set triggers.

Comment

Steyr Scout. A very ergonomic rifle, with a few challenges. I've hunted deer and pigs with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amflyer View Post
                  Steyr Scout. A very ergonomic rifle, with a few challenges. I've hunted deer and pigs with it.
                  Does that rifle take those big magazines ? Only thing I am not crazy about are the polymer rotary magazines mine uses. They are tough but I wish they were metal and not $150.

Comment

It takes a 5 round, staggered magazine. It carries one in the bottom side of the stock as well for reserve. you can buy an adapter for an extended magazine (10rnd.) but I never cared for it.

Comment

While my prohunter mag is plastic, it works fine and locks in w 2 tabs. Also can be dropped down so the bolt doesn't pick one up.....which also allows a loose cartridge to be set atop and chambered.

But i dont run diff bullet weights so is of no use.

Got spare mag and softer pad from MGW at good price.

So am content w my .3006. vx3i 3.5-10x atop. No CDS and reg boring duplex reticle.

Might see about a CL II in .243 next yr. Doubt it does anything my 700 wont. Dunno if itd be an upgrade or not.

Comment

Also can be dropped down so the bolt doesn't pick one up
                        Same with the Scout mags. They look identical to me with the ProHunters, but they list them separately. Not sure what the difference is between the two.

Comment

Maybe because the Scouts were of one action length and the PHs could be had in more than one?
                          Last edited by CD2; 09-30-2020, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Looks like PH mags are 4 rounds and Scouts 5.
                            and that 10 rounders w adapter will work in either, but not the lower capacity flush fits. Those model specific

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                              Looks like PH mags are 4 rounds and Scouts 5.
                              and that 10 rounders w adapter will work in either, but not the lower capacity flush fits. Those model specific
                              This is the steyr magazine I use steyr magazine 2.JPGsteyr magazine.JPG

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 6.5-284 Borden/Alpine clone XP works great in the field - 588 yards
                                by Ernie
                                Dan Ekstrom and I have been looking for a shooter mule deer buck on public land.

For this area, Tuesday was the last day.

Yesterday, 10:06 AM
                              • Outdoor Life archives
                                by Scott123
                                Has anyone missed reading Outdoor Life cover to cover archives? I get the run around on the phone about it may come back. Anyone else read it besides...
                                10-23-2020, 11:23 PM
                              • Blade Stain
                                by jhjimbo
                                Anybody have tips for getting stains off knife blades. I have a nice, K-Bar I would like to clean up and a 3" Western. All different kinds of stains,...
                                10-23-2020, 11:40 AM
                              • Home Defense
                                by jhjimbo
                                If you are using your bird gun for double duty of house defense remember to remove the plug. Might as well have full magazine capacity. Also, I have...
                                10-20-2020, 02:15 PM
                              • Pay it forward
                                by fitch270
                                I'm not sure how much interest this will generate but I figured I'd give it a shot and see how it goes. As a way of saying thanks for the help and entertainment...
                                10-18-2020, 01:34 PM

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X