Bowling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bowling question

What do you call a beautiful girl on a bowler's arm?

I am going to guess "a spare."

Comment

Only know a couple guys who are bowling fanatics. With them as my reference the words BLIND & PAID come to mind

Comment

The answer is ... a tattoo! Though "blind" and "paid" would fit, too. Not that I have a low opinion of bowlers -- that joke was actually posted after an article I read about the decline of bowling in America. A couple bowling-alley owners had some good points, how bowling has always been mainly a blue-collar sport, and with factories closing in a lot of places, nearby bowling alleys have lost a lot of customers. Then there's the rise of the hipster crowd -- what self-respecting man-bun wearing vegan would ever be seen in a bowling alley when he could be at the craft brewery admiring the brewmeister's beard?

Comment

I once read an article about calculating your social standing.
          It said to add two points if you are a golfer, and subtract two points if you are a bowler.
          Then it said to subtract one more point if you own your own ball.
          I was a member of a bowling league at the time.
          My all-time high score was 229, and I got a trophy.
          My wife said that it was much too beautiful for such a puny accomplishment.
          I don't get no respect!

Comment

There've always been a lot of fallacies to social standing. Usually fostered by people who care too much about social standing.

Comment

99: For what golf is starting to cost, equipment and green fees, bowling seems a more practical option for socializing. Also, groups over 4 are discouraged but wth bowling I believe 8 or even 10 is a workable number. There are more small town bowling alleys than golf courses as well. My so has all his clubs built for him. He chooses shafts, heads and grips. With bag he has close to $10,000 in his clubs.

Comment

Dewman - I lost my golf clubs in a house fire many years ago, and I did not replace them because I had given up golf before that.
                Ditto with my bowling ball.
                But I did have fun replacing the firearms I had lost.
                I was like a kid in a candy store with all that insurance money.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget