Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dewman
    replied
    MattM37: I'd move back to Michigan ina heartbeat if I was single. My wife of 30 yrs is from here and as anybody from around here knows, there is NO escape from SE Missouri.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by dewman View Post
    Doves going OK, but slow. Lots of corn still being cut and hwy dept mowing medians and right of ways, water everywhere so nothing to really concentrate them. Skeeters even fiercer than normal, above average temps. It's been a battle. I skipped squirrel hunting during the hickory nut cut, mid August to about now, as the woods are a jungle right out of the Congo.
    Here in NY, we still don't have a dove season. Probably never will.

Re the mosquitoes, move north! I was actually noticing the other evening during a walk in the woods that there are practically no skeeters at all this summer. Not even down in the creekbeds, which are certainly not dry as we've had plenty of rain the past couple months. It's funny because most of our bats are dying off, or were for a while, due to something called "white nose syndrome." Maybe they've rebounded.

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Dewman is correct. Have one of 99's cigars.

99, horse-racing, the crowd can see who is in the lead. I suppose if one boxer is hammering on the other, they can make a pretty good guess about who's ahead in points, but you really don't know until the end.

Though now that I think of it, given the way a horse or race-car can come from behind, I'm forming the opinion that this is sort of a lousy riddle. I guess I'm not cut out for asking them.

How's everybody's hunting and fishing going?
    Doves going OK, but slow. Lots of corn still being cut and hwy dept mowing medians and right of ways, water everywhere so nothing to really concentrate them. Skeeters even fiercer than normal, above average temps. It's been a battle. I skipped squirrel hunting during the hickory nut cut, mid August to about now, as the woods are a jungle right out of the Congo.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    My eye doctor once took off his jacket, and I asked him, "Why does an ophthalmologist wear blue suspenders?
    He said, "I give up. Why?"
    I answered, "For the same reason that a fireman wears red suspenders."
    He just slapped his head.

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    I will guess Pro Bass fishing ! If that falls into your description of a sport, and I see no reason it should not !

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Dewman is correct. Have one of 99's cigars.

99, horse-racing, the crowd can see who is in the lead. I suppose if one boxer is hammering on the other, they can make a pretty good guess about who's ahead in points, but you really don't know until the end.

Though now that I think of it, given the way a horse or race-car can come from behind, I'm forming the opinion that this is sort of a lousy riddle. I guess I'm not cut out for asking them.

How's everybody's hunting and fishing going?

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Or horse racing, except when Secretariat was running.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I am going to guess the Scottish caber toss:

Leave a comment:

• dewman
    replied
    I'll try Boxing

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    started a topic Another sporting event

Another sporting event

What's the one sport in which neither the crowd nor the athletes know the score, or who is winning, until it's all over? (and no, it's not one they only play in some backwater little province of Australia, no offense, DanielM).

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget