In the dark.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the dark.

A woman is sitting in her room at night with no lights on.
    Yet she is reading in the dark.
    How is this possible?

She's blind, reading Braille.

Comment

dewman - correct! That is the traditional answer, but with modern technology, there may be more than one correct answer.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        dewman - correct! That is the traditional answer, but with modern technology, there may be more than one correct answer.
        Kinda like the elevator riddle -- with more attention to people with disabilities, there are no longer elevators with buttons any higher than a person in a wheelchair can reach. A lot of riddles will be unsolveable someday soon, as fewer and fewer people are even alive to remember old ways. As was pointed out earlier, most riddles are decades or even centuries old.

Comment

Matt - And I just hate those sneaky riddles that make you groan when you hear the answer.
          Like "What is at the end of a rainbow?
          The letter "W."

Comment

Agree. Or how about the "phonetic coincidence" riddles? What's the difference between a grandma and a granary? One is one's born kin, the other is a corn bin. Not really riddles, just playing with words. (Actually, that's a double-whammy, as it's also already obsolete. I've never heard the word granary actually said in conversation, and pretty much everywhere I go in my area, I'm within a half-mile of a cornfield.)

Comment

There are some funny off-color riddles too.
              Like, what is the difference between a young lady sitting in a bath tub and an old lady sitting in church?
              Ans. The old lady has hope in her soul.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                There are some funny off-color riddles too.
                Like, what is the difference between a young lady sitting in a bath tub and an old lady sitting in church?
                Ans. The old lady has hope in her soul.
                Yep, I almost used that one in my post, too. I remember that from one of those old "Truly Tasteless Jokes" books.

Comment

Here is another.
                  What is the difference between a women's track team and a band of pygmies?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Outdoor Life's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Outdoor Life, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on outdoorlife.com.

Right Rail 1 Ad

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2 Ad

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3 Ad

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget